VERY Low BBT?

Robynxo

Finally there! Due in July 2019!
Reaction score
Hello!

My pre-o BBT has been around 96.8-97.2 F range since I started charting. It was a little on the low side, but not of concern.

Well the past few mornings it’s been very low, as in 95.8 range. In fact, I threw out my thermometer and bought a new one because my overall temps were very low. However, my new one read 95.8 again this morning. I just decided at that point to stop testing orally because I do tend to open my mouth. My vaginal temp was 96.6, which is still low, but better.

Why would my temperature be so different this month? Could a cold room affect it this much? I am wanting to get my thyroid checked anyway, but I’ve seen many with similar issues have normal thyroid function so I thought I’d see if any of you ladies have had this happen? Thank you!

May have found an issue: I’ve started taking motherwort in the last 10 days. Apparently motherwort is good for hyperthyroidism so would adversely affect anyone with hypothyroidism, which is something I’ve sometimes suspected with me. Maybe that is the cause for my very low temperatures all of a sudden since the herb slows the thyroid down even more, and if someone were to have hypothyroidism where it’s already got a slow function, it would make it worse.

It sounds like you've got it figured out! I'd quit the herbal supplement and see if your temps go back up.

I see that you're in the US! You can actually order a thyroid panel online very inexpensively and your results will even let you know if any of the levels are abnormal. I did that, along with a basic wellness blood panel. It's really easy and saves a lot of money and hassle.

It sounds like you've got it figured out! I'd quit the herbal supplement and see if your temps go back up.

I see that you're in the US! You can actually order a thyroid panel online very inexpensively and your results will even let you know if any of the levels are abnormal. I did that, along with a basic wellness blood panel. It's really easy and saves a lot of money and hassle.

Yes, I came across that too! I’m definitely giving it a go. My temps did go back up after quitting the herb. Curious. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->