Very low hcg (17) 3w5d

nixm

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Got my first ever very faint BFP yesterday and manages to get bloods done immediately. GP just phoned and said its positive but very low for 3w5d more in line of 1-2w. I am a bit confused as 1-2w you can't be pregnant as that is when af is. Maybe she was confusing dpo and weeks? I know it is still low though. Anyone with similar levels that can shed some light. Seeing gyni tomorrow. But stressing and worrying like crazy! I am very nauseous and still got a BFP this morning. Line is the same though. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Yes it's low, but 3w5d is very early. Try not to panic/worry just yet. Are you getting repeat bloods done 28 hours after the first - only this will give you an inking as to if the number is fine.

I am seeing gyni tomorrow. If she doesn't mention bloods I will request some! Thanks. A bit difficult not to worry. But the nausua is keeping my mind occupied though :)

Isn't 3 wks five days technically 1-2 weeks pregnant as you count from the first day of your last period so technically you aren't pregnant for 1-2 weeks at the start

I am also a bit confused about that. But when I spoke to her on the phone she did ask when my last period was again. And when I phoned the gyni and told them the result they made an apt immediately. I am a bit of a high risk as I have arthritis and I am on a lot of medication.

Technically you are 1-2 weeks by conception. But 3-4 by cycle.

They really need to do a repeat as one single test doesn't mean anything much at all. I mean, hcg has to start somewhere, right, so it all depends on when you go in. The rate at which it increases will tell you more than that one result. GL

It's a little low but hold on here guess what it's perfect for 3w 5d. You could have implanted a little later and it takes time for your HCG to rise. Here's mine:
First positive at 9 DPO
11 DPO (3w 4d) 28
13 DPO (3w 6d) 88.7
18 DPO (4w 4d) 607

With my daughter:
First positive at 7 DPO
8 DPO 11.8
13 DPO 197

Now keep in mind there are many women out there who do not even get a positive test until 14 or more DPO. So I wouldn't worry about it for now even my nurses on my first draw's where like well it's low but we'll see how they go on the next draw.

Thanks so much butterflywolf!! That's made me feel a bit better. And the fact that I am so nauseous I can't move. I only got my first positive yesterday, same day the blood was drawn.

hi nixm, try not to worry. I got an early bfp like you and had bloods same day. my first hcg was 18. I'm 31 weeks 3 days with a little boy right now.

my Dr freaked out too but the thing is, most ladies don't get blood drawn that early if they're not seeing a fertility dr. So regular drs are not used to seeing low hcg numbers and freak out when it's ok.

Aaagh thanks!! That helps too!! You ladies are so wondeful! I am finding it very difficult not telling anyone as I need the support. but will eait for the repeat bloods to at least tell my parents. I just did another test. Drugstore cheapie which I did 28hours ago too and it is definitely darker! Yesterday I had to squint today not! Fx for a sticky bean!!!

It does sound a bit like the doctor is not used to seeing pregnant women that early. Hope you get sorted with another lot of bloods and they put your mind at rest. Keep us posted.

I know exactly how you're feeling but try not to worry so much (I know it's SO hard!). When I got my most recent bfp, my hcg was really low and my doc wanted me to wait four days to retest to see if it would raise properly. It was pretty much the most stressful 4 days of my life lol. Here were my numbers:

12dpo: 17
16dpo: 111
18dpo: 280

I'm now 9+3 weeks and just had an ultrasound a week ago where we saw a nice strong heartbeat! It's way more about the way the numbers rise rather than the actually numbers themselves. Congratulations! :)

I really think that sounds fine. Everyone implants at different times. At 3w3d, mine was 12.5. At 3w6d, it was 63. I wouldn't panic unless it's not doubling in 48 hours.

Thanks everyone for the replies!! Yes the gyni wasn't too worried. She said that it has to start somewhere. Af is/was only due tomorrow. She did an internal sonar and said everything looks good. Nice thickening of the lining and no fluid around the ovaries. So she is happy. Didn't even want to do more bloods but I insisted. Hehe. So will get the results tomorrow. My hpt lines are getting darker so I think it is rising. If I compare today's with 2 days ago it's almost more than double as dark. Dunno if a direct comparison is valid though. Also did a cb digi and it said pregnant quite fast and then 1-2 weeks a bit later.

Yeah the doc that did the first test was my GP. Don't know if she is use to such early tests. But due to my autoimmune disease I have to now asap to stop certain meds.

Will let you know what the result are tomorrow. It's so nice having people to talk to during this time! Thanks again.

Hope the results of your second lot of blood tests are good. Urine tests are not exact like blood tests for measuring progression and can vary a bit but getting lines twice as dark sounds excillent. It would hard for it to be that much darker if your levels are not increasing nicely.

So just got the call with my results and it is a whopping 63!! So I think that's good except if it is bad that it's almost 4 times as much in a 48h period. Yay yay yay!!!

Great news! Not bad, HCG doubles very fast in the early stages. Totally normal. Doubling usually slows down as time goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->