Very Rapid Fetal Movement

3xpire

Mother to Kalei Mae (:
Reaction score
I have been putting this off for the past two weeks, mainly because I just thought this could be hiccups or something, but now I'm starting to get a little freaked out. I'm used to feeling usual kicks and movements, sometimes kind of fast or feeling several movements at once, but in the last couple of weeks (especially since my braxton hicks started occurring more often) I've been feeling these very strong, very very fast punches/kicks. The only way I can explain how it feels, is like when someone punches a punching bag very fast, that's kind of what it feels like from the inside. I never thought a little baby could make such fast and such forceful movements like that. :huh: Sometimes its enough to actually make me jump lol. I was wondering how normal this actually is, and if I should worry about the possibility of seizures in the womb or anything like that?

I've experienced the same thing and haven't been worried because aaaall sorts of movements are normal in my experience. BUT, if you're concerned it can't hurt to ask your midwife/doc!

I am not sure what it could mean, but if you are in doubt & unsure, give your midwife a call, that's what they are there for! Even if it is nothing bad, they can at least reassure you that everything is ok.

I get this all the time! It feels so weird. It's more frequent when I'm lying on my side as baby kicks the sides of my stomach so quickly. At all checks baby has been fine (monitoring and a scan) and I read that it's due to developing nervous system. I'd say it's nothing to worry about x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->