Very sharp pains in pubic area, and very consistent

calm81

Reaction score
Hey ladies. I get the "lightning crotch" thing every day, so this isn't the same thing but kinda is, you know?

For the past hour, every couple seconds I get the needle/pinch pain in there and at the same time, feels like my daughters fingers are wiggling around in the pelvic region. It hurts, not just uncomfortable, it hurts.

What is this?

I have my 34th week doctor appointment tomorrow morning so hoping I have til the morning to see what this is without having to make a trip to the doctors.

I've just never had this be so consistent before. No contractions happening with it, just the normal BH.

It literally feels like she's aimed a cork screw down there.

Thanks in advance.

I know what you are talking about! OH YES... I DO. I compare it to knitting needles. It's really sudden, comes outa' nowhere, and will knock your socks off. Seriously, it's about brought me to tears.

It's not lightning crotch... Because, I've had that too. And it's not the stingy cervix thing that happens (supposedly) with dilation. It's nothing like my BH contractions either.

Nobody seems to know exactly what it is. (nobody that I've asked anyway- including MW) In my case it doesn't seem to indicate that anything is wrong per se. But, I wouldn't classify it as quite normal either. Maybe normal for us... yay. As a result, I was diagnosed with Irritable Uterus. Which is fancy talk for - "We don't know". LOL Thanks a lot.

It is related to the baby's movement for sure, and I think it's a nerve thing or a really tight ligament/muscle. Not sure what it is... but, I know what you mean.

My kid is going to come out wearing a sweater, or with claws... not sure which. ;-)

Stalking this thread as I could have written it.

Xxx

I went to my maternity hospital over this and was diagnosed with PGP, I have been referred for physio so hoping they can help!!

I told my OB about this. I think I described as feeling like my baby was trying to dig out with forks lol. He said he thought it was the baby hitting my pelvic bone/cervix causing nerve pain. Its crazy. I got no advice for relief though after as though it was one of those things that I'll just have to grin and bare through until I'm not pregnant anymore. More like grab my crotch scream and hunch over til I'm not pregnant. Lmao

I'm currently in the waiting room at my doctors. I will ask this question. Lol I love everyone else's descriptions, " baby coming out with a knitted sweater" haha!!!!

I got distracted with other things after doctor visit yesterday and wasn't able to update on what the doc told me, sorry.

He said she's sitting pretty low down there and that if I've had multiple pregnancies (this is my 3rd) then the baby sits pretty darn well in there. He recommended that I use Ice packs down there If the pain is too much.

Nothing too exciting about the answer, I'm just relieved it's nothing negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->