Very short surge...anyone else?

sprite30

Reaction score
I usually have a 26 day cycle so I was very confused when I hadnt o'd as of this morning...cd14. Sept I o'd cd 10 & oct cd6. I tested at 10 am this morning with smu and it looked like it was almost positive and today at 12:30 I got a blaring positive on an ic opk so I used the digital opk and got a smiley...yay for smileys...

I figured I would test again at 245 ish thinking I would get another positive and smiley but it was negative already????...is this normal..ive read about ppl getting positives for more then one day but geez...if I hadnt been testing like crazy I would have for sure missed this surge

Hi
Im dealing with a similar issue. I tested at 10:30pm last night and it was negative. Today I got a smileyface at 9:30 and at 1:30pm today it was negative again!

Today is day 9 of a 23 day cycle which is pretty consistent with my usual cycles but holy heck, short surge!! I dont know what to make of it! Are your cycles consistent? How long have you been trying?

We have been trying for 4 months now and BD'ing every day around ovulation time hasnt worked for us so we decided to try the every other day approach. If we stick with that approach, we BD'd, day 4, 6 and last night (day8), so we would skip today (+OPK) and do it tomorrow morning, but now with the negative so soon after the positive im thinking I should definitely BD tonight! What would you do?

oh good im so glad im not alone. good thing you tested at 930 could have potentially missed it completely.

i have been using opks since sept we havnt officially started trying yet. we plan to start with decembers cycle. we had a couple set backs with low iron so i had to get iron infusions for 8 weeks but my last infusion will be nov 26th and then we are free to start as long as i get the go ahead from the hematologist. **fx** so far each months opks were totally different but before using opks i was on a 26 day cycle.

My reply is alittle late but i would have said to def BD that night and the next. I've been doing a bunch of research on the different methods and were planning on going with the one that says to bd everyother day and then for 3 days after a positive OPK...if we can LOL...thats alot of bd'ing

I have a very short surge as well...the important thing is you know you surged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->