• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Very slow labour or just Braxton hicks??

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hiya:hi:

I had the bloody show 3 days ago and it was quite alot and was bright red Mixed with CM.
Been having niggles since but yesterday evening I started to contract.
I had a bath and then tried my hardest to sleep but kept on contracting all night.
I only got about 3 hours sleep in between contractions and the constant peeing.:sad1:

I am still contracting and its hasn't settled. That's nearly 24 hours now but they are not close together. Sometimes they get closer than they go less closer.
I'm prob contracting every 25 to 30 mins.

I'm so exhausted. I just wish things wud progress.:brat:

Is it possible to have a really slow start to labour? I wud of thought if it was Braxton hicks it wud of just fizzled out by now?
I even took codien to see if it wud stop them but it didnt work.

I'm going in hospital this sunday 22nd September for my induction.

Anyone had any experience with slow labour or is this likely to be nothing and just one of those things.
Its so frustrating :sad2:

Unfortunately, it just sounds like your body is getting ready for real labor since they're not getting any closer together. Do different positions help you to get more comfortable? Maybe worth a call to your midwife to double check!

You are so so close though! So excited that Sunday is the big day! I have been thinking of ya! <3 I'll be saying extra prayers for you this weekend for a safe and speedy delivery of baby boy! Hugs <3

Unfortunately, it just sounds like your body is getting ready for real labor since they're not getting any closer together. Do different positions help you to get more comfortable? Maybe worth a call to your midwife to double check!

You are so so close though! So excited that Sunday is the big day! I have been thinking of ya! <3 I'll be saying extra prayers for you this weekend for a safe and speedy delivery of baby boy! Hugs <3

Hi hon. Oh its so good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Still contracting here and just had 2 at 15 mins apart so hopefully things are beginning slowly.
I'm gonna go for a little wonder because all I've done today is chill and haven't really encouraged anything lol.

You know what I'm going to say :rofl:

My contractions are coming quicker, but not lasting, 3/4 minutes apart for an hour, goes for a few hours, comes back same as earlier. Its draining to say the least, but yes does sound like your body is trying it's best, I've learnt to ignore my own contractions now which is worrying because even though I'm 33 weeks almost and with what's gone on with me, one of these days it could be the real deal, and I'll ignore it and end up giving birth at home or in the car :rofl: for me its become a part of my life right now, and I really need to start paying more attention, just incase!

Hi hon. Oh its so good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Still contracting here and just had 2 at 15 mins apart so hopefully things are beginning slowly.
I'm gonna go for a little wonder because all I've done today is chill and haven't really encouraged anything lol.
Sounds like maybe they are getting closer together!! That's exciting! Eat some pineapple and take a little walk, maybe bounce on a ball a bit. lol Are you all ready for Sunday?! I cannot wait to see pictures!

I'm doing pretty well for the most part beside the same hip and pelvic pain I've been dealing with for a while now. Today has been rough, I feel like baby's head is sitting right on top of or inside of my pelvis, ouchy!!

You know what I'm going to say :rofl:

My contractions are coming quicker, but not lasting, 3/4 minutes apart for an hour, goes for a few hours, comes back same as earlier. Its draining to say the least, but yes does sound like your body is trying it's best, I've learnt to ignore my own contractions now which is worrying because even though I'm 33 weeks almost and with what's gone on with me, one of these days it could be the real deal, and I'll ignore it and end up giving birth at home or in the car :rofl: for me its become a part of my life right now, and I really need to start paying more attention, just incase!
Girl!!!! LOL Pay attention to those contractions! You're going to end of delivering at home lol

Girl!!!! LOL Pay attention to those contractions! You're going to end of delivering at home lol

I know!!! Hahaha it's been going on for 3 weeks now so I'm like yeah it will stop soon, one day very soon that's gonna bite me in the ass and I'll be delivering my own child :rofl:

Hi honey. I’m very sorry you’re going through this - I was in a similar limbo with my 2nd and completely exhausted all the time. BUT, that being said, this latent laboring got me from 0 to 6cm - my OB almost fell out of her chair when she checked me and sent me straight to the hospital for soft induction. My son was born in 2 hours, 5 min pushing.

So I have my fingers crossed that while your situation is crappy, something is happening downstairs for you as well and you’ll get a quick birth once the time comes!

Hi honey. I’m very sorry you’re going through this - I was in a similar limbo with my 2nd and completely exhausted all the time. BUT, that being said, this latent laboring got me from 0 to 6cm - my OB almost fell out of her chair when she checked me and sent me straight to the hospital for soft induction. My son was born in 2 hours, 5 min pushing.

So I have my fingers crossed that while your situation is crappy, something is happening downstairs for you as well and you’ll get a quick birth once the time comes!

Hahaha just LOL at my consultant nearly fell out the chair hahahahaha:rofl:

I've been having the contractions all weekend as well as pain and presure in my back. Sometimes the contractions get close together then they drift apart again.
Booked in for induction today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->