very slow weaners!

pixiemum

Reaction score
Ive become aware im a slow weaner! So far ive tried my baby on baby rice, carrot, swede and green beans and hes literally only having a few baby spoonfulls. He also gags and spits it out alot which is understandable as its all new for him but im starting to worry we are lagging behind ? He doesnt have 2 or 3 meals a day he barely has one.
He has 5 breastfeeds a day. Should i be worried?

My LO didn't eat anything until 7.5 months. Even now at 10 months she doesn't usually have 3 meals a day.

I talked to her doctor about her not eating very many solids and she said it's just fine as long as she's having plenty of milk. :)

As long as he's breastfeeding okay that's fine! We moved slowly too.. not in the choice of foods as he was offered whatever we ate but he only had one 'meal' a day from 6-8 months, then we introduced a second and the third didn't come til just after 11 months. Even now he prefers boobies and will feed every 2-3 hours between meals.

Some babies aren't even ready for solids til closer to 8+ months so it's not a worry at all :)

This guide is helpful and reassuring :thumbup:

Mine's a slow weaner too. As you can see mostly still on milk. She likes trying food but won't eat more than few teaspoons even if that. These are approximate feeds as often there are milk snacks in between but I lose track haha! Apparently it's ok not to speed with food - they will gradually start eating more. Mine didn't want any real food at all for the first 2-3 weeks after she turned 6 months (when we started introducing food to her). Now she at least tries.

3 am - milk
6 am - milk
8 am - steal mama's oatmeal (breakfast) plus milk
10 am - milk
12 pm - milk + steal some of mama's apple or banana
1 pm - milk
3 pm - milk + baby cookie (savoury pretzel thingie I have in shape of doughnut)
5 pm - broccoli and pieces of yam (both finger foods as she hates purees) or maybe potatoes with ground beef
7 pm milk

My lo didn't eat anything until 7 months. I can't believe I wasted any time worrying about it tho. I still think he doesn't eat loads, but his poo is starting to become a lot firmer last couple of days (sorry if tmi), so must have started swallowing more.

my son wasnt interested in solids at all till at least 6 months and then he didnt have much. we let him go at his pace and now at nearly 9 months he has 2bottles and 3 meals a day and eats loads. it would t worry me if he didnt though as im a firm believer they eat what they need and wean when there ready. once he had made the choice to start solids himself, it was quite a quick process! you might find your baby is the same xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->