Very upset after visit to docs!

Have seen that report. It's written by my MP! I would definitely investigate registering with a GP at your mum's I know a few people who a registered miles from where they live as they have moved and not bothered to change dr as they like theirs. Best of luck with everything. :hug:

Oh Tansey, that's really tough. Even if there's nothing he can do, there's got to be better way to break such horrible news.

Stay positive. I'm sure your time will come.

Ughh i am so sorry and angry for you, im dealing with similar trouble myself and its just heartbreaking. See if they will do your bloods at least (LH, FSH, Estradiol, progesterone, prolactins etc), if not they only cost about £30 privately. The way we are looking at it is; if we can afford a child then we can use that same money for fertility treatment, otherwise it would be irresponsible to try in the first place! Best of luck, i hope you get something sorted - or like im hoping - that you get your sticky BFP and dont need to worry about investigations and treatment!!

In the meantime, what are your cycles like? is there any supplements or dietary changes you can make that could help? For me, being able to chart and take a supplements and herbs makes me feel a little more in control of the situation. *hugs*

Really sorry to hear about your appointment, that's really crappy :(

Gemma x

:hugs: hope you can sneakily register with a new GP in your mums area. X

hi there
I also live in north staffs andmy SIL an her partner have had all of the investigative tests such as SA, and ( I'm sorry I don't know the medical term) checked her tubes with keyhole camera/dye on more than one occassion?
This was all in the last year and they are late 20s?

That's digraceful. I'd register with another doctor from your mum's address if you think it'll get you further. xx

We going keep trying this month - DF is taking charge! He actually goes away with work the day before OV so it would seem the odds are stacked against us in many ways. I will do some research and see what we would need to join mums doc and have some things done privately.
Thank you for all your replies. xx

OMG this is shocking. I am totally amazed by this. The real cost of these tests must be pretty damn low as they are offered here in Bulgaria where there is really no money in the health system. That is utter and complete crap. I would definitely register with your mum's address - it won't be a problem. I have done it a few times when popping home from living abroad and just wanting to see the doc. Nobody asks questions - i don't think you'd even have to tell your mum - just go into a local surgery and say you've just moved there. :hugs::hugs:

tans ...u dont really av2tell ur mam anything hun,just say ive had a bad experience with my doc's n can i register with one near u, its totally allowed ,when i moved to scarborough my docswas still in whity, u wud just after register with ur mams address but thats fine anyways,u must do this tans pls pls we all have set backs and thats wot makes u a stronger person :)
plus u can buy online sperm tests uknow £23 they are,theres so so many site that sell these they just give u pos n neg....pos when its over 20milllion, plus womans hormones tests, look up MACA aswell, we both take this uknow its fab and dh had low testostrone...2mth later taking this bk to normal!! goodd luck tans sure u be a mam n dad soon xx

hi tansey - how are you today? it seems like a good idea to register in a different area, but not living on the mainland i have no idea how far do you live from your mums, -will it be stressfull driving up there for lots of appointments.
make sure you bd before Oh goes away for work, you never know if he has strong swimmers they might hold on long enough to meet the egg, and i am sure someone on here said a few weeks ago that you need to bd the day beofre O in order for them to meet!

good luck and take care

I am so sorry!! But I defo think u shud register at ur mums dr - u wont get into trouble, but u would have to be patients there and say u live with ur mum........just if ur ill thats ur dr now!!! :( xxxxxx i feel for u it is disgusting the way they handle things - they have billions of our money lost in iceland wanna help the banks out and illegal immigrants but wont help there damn own ppl AAAAAARGH sorry it just upsets me

As for DH leaving the day before O, you will still have a good chance! Check the TCOYF or the FF chart galleries, LOADS of women get pregnant by BDing 2-3 days before they O, especially if you have EWCM. All is not lost hun, dont give up!

RE: the online tests. The sperm tests are not very useful im afraid. It only tells you count, and thats really not the most important factor, there are many others that are crucial to conceiving. No billions of sperm will work if they are low in other areas, so taking a cheap online test could either worry you unnecessarily, or give you a false sense of security. Private semen analysis is £100-£150 so not too bad. Each hormone assay is £25-35. HSG is about £400 and ive heard Lap & Dye being quoted being upto thousands. Try and get those hormone arrays done again at the GP. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->