very upset atm :( ...long

Linzi_x

Mummy to Francesca
Reaction score
over the passed couple of weeks or so, i've become very upset and extremely stressed.

i find the whole concept of being pregnant very daunting and have been doubting myself that i'll be a good mum and it's getting me down. i've also been stressing myself out about our finances and bills, we're on a low income, not in any financial trouble but this is definitely my biggest fear and the fear of not being able to provide the very best for my little girl. i feel like my friends and family are drifting away from me and feel like i can't talk to them about it and the only people i can talk to are you girls on here. i finally spilled to my OH last night about how i felt, in floods of tears and told him that sometimes i find it difficult to talk to him because i feel like i'm being silly. he is very supportive and did suggest that i talk to my mum about it (havent spoke to my dad in months so this may have something to do with my feelings). at first i thought it was my hormones but i've had these worries everyday for a couple of weeks now.

i feel very alone most of the time and extremely overwhelmed but i keep bottling my emotions. i've heard that depression during pregnancy is more common than people think but i don't want to diagnose myself as i've only read online articles and i don't know a lot about depression.

i've thought about talking to my midwife or doctor but i don't know how to start the conversation, it's quite a big thing. i just want what is best for my little girl, my OH and our little family.

Being pregnant is hard, even when you've done it before. I had a total break down yesterday and I do think maybe I am a bit depressed. Keeping an eye on it and seeing if it is coming and going like hormones should or if it is something I should worry about.

I would speak to your mum and maybe your GP x

Big hugs!

I was diagnosed with depression two months before I found out I was pregnant (I was having a really difficult court case happening) and I just didn't know how to cope. I felt so alone, and was in a state of mind where I didn't even wanna wake up in the morning. I went to the doctors and got given anti depressants, something I never wanna go on again. Although they 'helped' I still had to deal with the issues. When I found out I was expecting my LO I took myself off the tablets and found other ways to deal with the sadness and anxiety.

I know how you feel about money problems, I can't even begin to think about all the things we still need to buy for our bubs. I have been really lucky to get free things from family and friends. My OH is struggling to find a job and with only my income which barely covers our outgoings every month we had no choice but give up our flat and move in with his nan to try and save up. Were on the council list but haven't heard anything yet. I don't hardly see my family cos we live quite a way away and petrol is just too much to pay and my friends hardly talk to me now I'm having a baby, we have nothing in common.

Your OH sounds really nice, and I'm sure he will help where he can, but I think you have to look at the positive side of things, your little girl is a blessing and when she is here all your worrying and stresses will disappear. In the meantime, speak to your doctor/midwife and tell them your worries, I'm sure they have heard the same issues lots and may be able to offer you things in your area which could help.

If you ever need someone to talk to, please PM me as I really do know what it's like to be depressed and feel like you have no-one.

Big hugs xx

I think it's natural to feel nervous about being pregnant. Even sometimes it hits me that I'm going to have 2 children and I get a bit nervous about money etc. I haven't told my parents yet either.

I would speak to your midwife and she might be able to ease your worries, I know it can be a hard thing to actually approach but mine used to ask how I was feeling each time she saw me. Maybe you could just say I'm feeling a little worried and go from there?

Sorry my advice isn't too great my brain doesn't want to cooperate with me today :haha:

:hugs: Ow hun! :(
Dont worry i know how you feel!
Most days im fine but some days i get SO overwhelmed!
I wanted so badly to have another baby, we waited to make sure it was the right thing to do and now i feel so guilty for feeling this way! but i know its not my fault, its just my hormones :) STUPID HORMONES!
I understand your in a diffrent situation cos this is your first baby and you dont know what to expect and to what extent your lifes going to chance but it will be okay honestly :)

x

Huge :hugs: it's 100% normal to worry during pregnancy. It's life changing having a child! You're gonna be a fab Mummy though because look how much you care about your princess already :flower: in my pregnancy I went through a rough patch as I was forced to move back home and find a house before she came. I was so stressed and I spoke to my midwife about it. I broke down in tears and got it off my chest. She was fab and helped me to move faster. Defo talk to her! So helpful :flower: Try not to worry too much about finances. Were on a low income too and do just fine. Budgeting is the answer! We bought everything we needed in advance over the 9 months (nappies, wipes, baby milk ect) it works out so much better as we have loads of things now and saved us spending when she was born. Little tip - don't but expensive brand nappies! We have loads of huggies and pampers nappies going to waste as they are poop! Asda own are so much better! :flower:

Sorry if I waffled btw. I've had 3 hours sleep lol. I don't get in here as much now but feel free to message me whenever you like. I don't mind. Xx

It's normal to feel this way :hugs: I still worry about being a mummy, because I'm scared I'll screw it up or give up and I don't want to. I don't have a big income either and I hate the thought of my little girl not getting everything she deserves. Being pregnant is an overwhelming experience.

PM me if you ever want to chat :hugs:

dont worry hun everyone gets these feelings been getting them alot to and its putting alot of stress on me and OHs relationship but youl get over it hun giv me a shout if you ever need to chat :hugs:

thank you all for your kind words. i'm feeling a little better today and me and my OH have talked about it all. i spoke to my mum too but she seemed to just shrug it off as something really minor. im still going to speak to my midwife at my next appointment on the 24th of this month though :)

once again, thank you :flow:

I feel the exact same way as you, Ive been doubting myself a lot about being pregnant and if I'll be a good mom or if I'll be able to support her... Your not alone

You ladies you need to stop coming to conclusions. Remember that you always get what you look for. Even in quantum mechanics acknowledged that the observer of an event is not independent of the event, meaning that observed phenomena behaves according to the expectations of the observer. You need to stop assuming about others and keeping your emotion dormant because your are only stressing yourself for ostensible reason. You will be a great mother and provide your child with everything he/she needs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->