very very late birth story!!!!

tinkerbell <3

Reaction score
Well im writing this now as I actually literally havent had time the last 12 weeks!!! who knew babies took up so much time haah! Well I had a stretch and sweep done a week before my due date to try and induce me as I was developing pre eclampsia...lost my mucous plug...kept waking in the night but NOTIHNG!! Went to the hospital for BP check and scan and they thought baby was tiny and that I would have to be induced that day as my BP was dangerously high.
So off i went to have my first pessary...nothing happend and i was in alot of pain 'pessary pains' the midwife called them....at 1 o clock in the morning i was pacing the coridoors and wndering how on earth I would cope with labour if pessary pains were this bad....Had a 2nd pessary inserted..was getting even more in pain and could only get comfy on all fours,convinced it must be labour now so midwfie suggested a warm bath which helped relax me...6 oclock the next moring came i was feeling very emotional having had no sleep and the drs came to assess who they could send to labour ward..i was the only one left he couldnt even feel my cervix and said I hadnt dilated at all.I had to have gas and air as my cervix was so raw it was unbearable to be examined! There was some talk about c section but then they decided on a 3rd pessary..i was begging for a csection at this point! So the day went past very slowly and towards 6 0 clock i was exhausted and upset..got examined again and still NOTHING..I couldnt beleave it...i was in agony. The DR then decided to give me an injection to help me sleep and then if i got a good nights sleep I would have a csection in the morning.
Had the in jection at 9 0clock and was lovely to go to sleep,my partner was about to leave to go home but i said just wait with me till 10,he was watching the football and I suddenly felt a massive pop and water gushed all over the bed,I then felt the most agonsing pains all of a sudden it took my breath away and all i could do was scream! I got whisked off to delivery room and when i got there begged for an epidural (id pland to have a natural birth) little did i know how painful it would be...I got examined before the epidural and i was 7cm!! whooooooo! Had the epidural...a few hours passed..had a sintoconin drip as contractions had slowed then at 7am I started pushing..the midwife let me push for an hour but she thought the baby seemed stuck and he was back to back..that explains the awful contractions!
2 drs where then called in and they rushed me quick as a falsh into thetre before i knew what was happening...I got told that they were going to attemt a rotational forceps delivery which is where they trun the baby with the forceps then pull him out..they said they try 3 times and if it failed they would do an emergency csection.There was so many people in the room from drs to peadeatricians i was scared but i pushed with all my might..didnt want a csection after all thiss..And out popped my wee man at 9am! Cant rember much after that as I had a hemorage and lost alot of my blood and my placenta had died so it had to be removed manually! I couldnt walk for 2 weeks following his birth as my pelvis had split and i had an episiotomy and LOTS of stitched as he came out with his arm above his head and my apparantly tiny baby( i was measuring 32weeks fundal height)weighed 8lbs!!!....but 3 months on it was a terrible ordeal and i feel great now..so it was ALLLLL worth it in the end :)! To all you ladies out there however terrible youre labour is you will soon be laughing about it! xx

oh my gosh!!! Sounds like it was a scary time. Although totally agree, its all worth it in the end! Lovely if scary story and huge congratulations! Better late than never :)

Wow, that is one dramatic labour and glad you can see the funny side of it now. Bet you didn't at the time. Glad all is going well now and congratulations. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->