very very late rachel isabelle ode 19/7/09

J

jenwigan

well 10 days over went into get induced at 8 in the morning, got there got hooked up to monitors to check babys heart rate and to see if i wernt contracting all ready. heart rate was perfect and no contractions so go my first pesary inserted at 9. nothing happend. at 1 a midwife came to do checks on heart rate and contractions.... heart rate was perfect again 140-150... and still no contractions. so another pessary was inserted. :(:( still nothing happend. i had my OH with me the whole time but at 8oclock still nothing had happend and all partners had to be sent home due to visiting hours closeing. well at 9 oclok they came to check me, for the past hour id been having a few niggly pains. so they checked me over i hadnt dialated no contractions nothing. so i got my self my pjs on and setlled down for a nice sleep well what i thought at the time. 10oclock hit and started geting more pains. at 11 oclock pains got worse and 5-6 mins apart. called for the midwife who then checked me over. said i was 2cm dialated but cant put me on delivery sweet untill im 3cm or my waters had gone. :(:( asked me if id like a bath. this was such a relief. got into the bath at 10 past 12. rang my partner who was at home to say i ''i think youll be called in soon as im having regular contractions'' had to stop every 3 mins because of the contractions. finally at quater past 1 my waters went on their own in the bath and i was transfered to delivery sweet. once there they called my OH and mum to come in. was then given gas and air (that thing worked wonders for me).... before i got on delivery they cheked me and i wa 2cm on the outer and 3cm on the inner she said still to this day havnt got a clue what she was on about. well at 7 in the morning cheked me again and no difference in my cervix. was given a shot of pethedine which just made me sick all the time didnt do anything for the pain. at 11 o clock they came and cheked me no change at all. so they gave me a drip to see if it could speed things up. pains got unberable then and i asked if i could have the epidural. which was given at half 12. this was the best thing ever worked completely for me. i then went to sleep for an hour was woken to be cheked but still no difference. at 2oclock i wanted to sit up (i was lied down on my side) when i sat up babys heart rate shot down to 40bpm considering it was 140-150 the whole time. i was then made to lie back down because baby was comfortable when i was on my side. i had to have a doctor to draw blood from babys head to see why the heart rate went down. wasnt uncomfortale because id had the epidural. blood tests came back perfectly fine. then at about 20 past 3 babys heart rate shot down to 36bpm... was the scariest thing in the world! really thought i was going to lose her. doctor came back in tried sitting me up tried every position to get it to go back up but nothing work... he then said thats it if it sticks like this for another 3 mins prep her. 3 mins went and was then preped for emergency cesarion... she was then born at 3:42pm on the 11th day over, came out kicking and screaming. later found out that the cord was around the neck and body. this was the scariest thing ill proberly have to go through really thought i was losing her but shes happy and healthy here now. she was born 7lbs exactly. through my pregnancy was told to expect a 9lbs baby so was very surprised when she came out 7lbs. wouldnt change her for the world and my labour has defontly not put me of having another. thank you all for reading :):) xx

Congratulations :)

Sounds quite scary, must've been such a relief that all was fine! xx

Congrats hun, so strange seeing you on here! filled up reading your story, shes a lovely little girl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->