Very worried very conused

Al4321

Reaction score
Had my bfp first faint on frer at 7dpo on 14th of January. Positive opk was 6th January felt ovulation pains that day and the next. My bfp progressively got darker no bleeding. Been having some bad cramps but wasn't worried then my stomach got very swollen as big as I was at 5 months pregnant. Along with pain in right side. Been admitted to hospital they thought gall stones with my stomach so descended im around 4weeks+5days scan showed nothing in uterus not even a sac got a 2cm cyst on right ovary. Hcg was 511 yesterday.

No idea what's going on. Obviously im thinking ectopic because I know with previous pregnancies I had early scans and seen gestational sac at this stage.

Your hcg sounds right for where you are. It's still too early to see anything on scan. Your hcg had to be over 1000, maybe even 1500 before the sac can be seen. In a few more days they can see something. It's just too early yet.

You are too early to show up on ultrasound. They told me hcg had to at least be 1000. Also the only thing they saw at that point was a yolk sac.

That's what I thought too early but I think because my stomach is huge ( im a small size 8-10 so it looks ridiculous on me people been asking how long I got left :( but they've ruled out everything else they think ectopic but have to wait to have bloods repeated tomorrow

That's what I thought too early but I think because my stomach is huge ( im a small size 8-10 so it looks ridiculous on me people been asking how long I got left :( but they've ruled out everything else they think ectopic but have to wait to have bloods repeated tomorrow

everything sounds fine to me. scan will not show anything before 1100 (1100 is called the discriminatory level, meaning the level of hcg needed to see anything on a scan).. as for the cyst, that's a good thing:thumbup: likely a corpus luteal cyst

I had a scan at around the same gestation as you for suspected ectopic they couldn't see anything. My HCG was 585 at that time, rising to 1033 after 48 hours. Had another scan still couldn't see anything. Waited 5 days and saw a very small sac. Went back 2 weeks later and saw a baby with a heartbeat measuring 8+1. I'm now 9+4. Good luck x

Could swelling be related to something else, having nothing to do with pregnancy? I'd be very scared they might miss something because they are so convinced the issue I pregnancy related. Make sure they take care of ya, mama.

Still here, I've been under the surgical team and they've ruled out everything that could be causing swelling so handed me back to gynaes now saying it's more than likely pregnancy related, it's so uncomfortable and so embarrassing it's like it from waking up people asking how far gone I am saying it's probably twins etc especially because we aren't telling anyone yet so it's very embarrassing and awkward and painful. I'll have the results of my second hcg beta later so we will see how their doing.

Ok so numbers came back at 800 they were 511 on Sunday at 7pm and 800 this morning 10am so not even 48 hours but consultant reckons it doesn't matter they should have doubled

AI4321, I think they should've given you the full 48 hours to double! My goodness that's a huge increase! I'll be praying for you!

Oh please! That's close enough to doubling!!! Don't let them convince you to take anything to terminate until you know what's going on! If an ectopic pregnancy is what's going on and it isn't visible yet, it isn't big enough to cause damage. Give it a couple days and ask for another US.

I found a calculator, that gave me your doubling time. It is just over 60 hrs, which the website I was looking at listed as normal.

Yeah I seen that too 60 hours sounds ok to me too. I've been discharged got to have more bloods in 48 hours see what results are just so worried now just wish I knew what was going on

It's so insane how we are expected function normally when there's a concern about an early pregnancy. I can somewhat relate, as I miscarried in November, but nobody could tell me I actually WAS miscarrying until 5 days after they told me it was suspected. I don't think your situation will turn out like that, but it's maddening to not KNOW what's going on. You'd think by now we would have better trchnology...we put a man on the moon 5 decades ago! I guess it just isn't a priority in the medical world. So disheartening.

I know it's just worrying with my healthy pregnancies my numbers were much higher and doubling in less than 48 hours. Will find out my next betas tomorrow. Also forgot to mention the sonographer seen two 2cm corpus Leutum cysts on my right ovary she said they were left over from ovulation but I've just read up and that means two must have been released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->