Viability scan

MrsA2014

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondered if anyone had had or was thinking about having an early viability scan?

Yes I had one with this pregnancy and with DD. Well worth the money IMO. It alowed us to tell a few close friends and relatives as one you've seen a heart beat the chance of MC drops to around 5%.
They did find a 6cm cyst on my right ovary which is causing me a little worry but I got back for a free re-scan in 2 weeks to check if it has shrunk xx

Honestly, I just had an early scan as they weren't too sure how far along I was and I wish I would have been given an option to wait for the normal viability scan post 8 weeks. I think there is too much variability early on that just has the potential to cause unnecessary worry/stress

Yes I had one with this pregnancy and with DD. Well worth the money IMO. It alowed us to tell a few close friends and relatives as one you've seen a heart beat the chance of MC drops to around 5%.
They did find a 6cm cyst on my right ovary which is causing me a little worry but I got back for a free re-scan in 2 weeks to check if it has shrunk xx

How far along were you when you went for the early scan?
Fingers crossed the cyst has shrunk when you go back!

By my LMP I was 7+4 but due to not getting a BFP until the day of my missed period I was sure I would get pushed back. I did, and was measuring 7+1. Perfect HB of 141. Due to reasons mentioned above by pp, my local private scan clinic won't perform a viability scan until 7 weeks.

Thanks for good wishes on cyst. It isn't causing me any discomfort as yet and now is around the time the placenta starts to take over, so hoping when my hormone levels drop the cyst will shrink. I really want to avoid surgery due to risk of MC xx

We're having a viability scan tomorrow. I am so nervous. :-( We had a scan at 5w1d because of suspected ectopic, and we could only see the gestational sac. I pray we will see more tomorrow.

Is that regardless of how far along you are?

I had a scan at the EPAU to rule out ectopic in my 4th week, all we saw was a gestational sac & yolk.. 2 weeks later, I was rescanned & measuring at 6wks.. We saw 2 heartbeats and one yolk sac :) I am praying they both make it. Now I've got to wait until my 12wk scan to find out. I'm so temped to pay for another scan in a few weeks!!

All studies I have read about show the chance of m/c drops each week a heartbeat is seen. At 6 weeks it is slightly higher than 7 weeks, and by the time you get to 10 weeks the chance is about 1%.

The following is an interesting read on mc's in general, albeit it was quite a small sample of women in the m/c heartbeat study, and most sites say from 6/7 weeks once a heartbeat is seen the chance of mc drops to around 5%. https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general

Congratulations on your twins :flower: xxx

I did have one at 5w4d and honestly I wish I had waited. I found out that I was carrying twins and although they both had heartbeats, I found I had about a 30% chance of vanishing twin syndrome. I still haven't stopped obsessing about that risk.

we had one booked for 8weeks (ish) on the 30th. I can't wait! With dd I was part of a research study so got free scans at 6 and 8 weeks and it was so so reassuring to see the hb and healthy baby growing. If all is well at the 8 week scan we will tell grandparents etc as the risk reduces dramatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->