Violet Ellen born 18-4-2011

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
My beautiful little miss pud came into the world at 8.39pm on monday 18th April weighing exactly 8lb :cloud9::cloud9:

I had a very straight foward labour really, especially in comparison to what I had with my son hehe. I was in latent labour for a long time; mild cramps and BH's started from about 1pm on sunday, Miss Pud's actual due date :thumbup: I was examined at around 7.30am by my MW at home and told I was 5cm dilated but her head needed to come down. Went into hospital for about 10am and contracted all day but it did slow down from time to time. I was examined again at 3pm and told I was still only 5cm and needed to get the head down further :dohh: I started doing this thing called "crabbing" as my MW described it lol, which was walking up and down the stairs like a crab. It seemed to do the trick because by about 6.30pm my contractions got really bad and I had such an urge to push it was amazing. I had an epidural with Arf so I didn't feel that need to push. I asked for some gas and air because I was feeling terrible and then just pushed with each contraction. My intention had been a water birth so they started filling the pool but it was too late because my membranes went (all over my hubby's feet :blush:) and I pushed for just over an hour and she was here :cloud9: The cord was wrapped around her neck twice but she was absolutely fine. She was given to daddy straight away and I pushed out my placenta and then we has skin to skin and a breastfeed. She's fed really well ever since, just very very often lol. Still waiting for my milk to come in though so it's just colostrum at the moment.

I'm been quite succint because I really don't have time to go into too much detail tbh so sorry if I seem quite detatched and matter of fact :blush: Little miss needs feeding again in a min so I thought I'd get this done asap.

She looks just like her brother did and she is delightful. I'm absolutely head over heels in love with both my babies; Arthur and Violet :cloud9::cloud9:

Sorry if this is all a bit soppy hehe :blush: xx

Attachments

• violet 013.jpg
    violet 013.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 88
  • violet 025.jpg
    violet 025.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 106
  • violet 036.jpg
    violet 036.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 103
Congratulations! She's adorable :D

Congrats! She's beautiful!

Congratulations she is beautiful and lovely name

So so so happy for you! Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little girl. She is absolutely beautiful!! :cloud9:

Congratulations and well done :hugs: she's lovely

Awwww congratulations hun, so lovely to hear all went well :thumbup: :yipee: She is gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->