Visit from 3rd tri :) membrane sweep? Xxx

1stTimeMumm

mummy to isabelle rose
Reaction score
Hi I'm nipping over from the 3rd tri..
I'm 5 days over due and had a membrane sweep at my app today and was wondering what will happen now since my app Iv had loads of Braxton hicks..

How many of you have had a sweep that worked and how long after did you go into labour?

If it helps I am 2cm dilated thanks :) xxx

I had one at 7 days over & my waters broke 10 hrs later. Never did go into established labour though! Good luck xx

I had one 6 days before my due date (Thursday) by Saturday I was losing bits of plug (sorry TMI) and went into labour and had LO on my due date. I was only about 1cm dilated when the consultant did the sweep though HTH xx

Sorry didn't wanna read and run. I had 4 and none of them worked. But I would say to get moving around try and turn them bh into contractions . Good luck it won't be long I'm sure.
:h ugs::hugs:

I had my first sweep at 40+5. I was 1cm dilated but cervix was still thick. Had bracton hicks quite strong but never regulated beyond 20mins

Had second sweep at 40+12. I was 2cm dilated and cervix was facing forward now. Had sweep at 4pm, had bellyache afterwards and felt little bit sick. My waters broke 5 hours later with immediate contractions every 3 1/2 minutes.

I think they say if a sweep is successful then labour will start within next 48 hours. I felt very hormonal after second sweep but this may be because I didn't want to be induced in two days time.

Good luck - keep us posted !

When I had my first sweep I was 1-2cm dialated. I had 3 sweeps in total but still had to be induced :(

Forgot to say a had a bloody show about an hour or so after Iv been loosing bits of my plug for a while but never with blood in it..

Thanks everyone for your replys let's hope its not to long before im joining you for real :D xxx

Not sure hun but i just wanted to wish u look

I was very overdue so I had a sweep Friday 12pm and by Saturday evening I was having contractions, my princess arrived 8am Sunday morning. I had a very successful sweep may I say!
Good luck!
___XO

Forgot to say a had a bloody show about an hour or so after Iv been loosing bits of my plug for a while but never with blood in it..

Thanks everyone for your replys let's hope its not to long before im joining you for real :D xxx

I had a lot of bloody show after my first sweep too and kept losing a fair bit of clear jelly like stuff for a while after too but no joy for me lol

Hi

I had a sweep on my due date & then went for a long walk. I lost lots & lots of plug & was in labour 6 hours later. Had braxton hicks about 3 hrs before labour kicked off

Good luck Hun xx

I had a sweep at 40+7 (a Wednesday), at 1pm, was 1cm dilated. Contractions started at 7pm that night but stayed at 6-8 minutes apart until early hours of Sunday morning. I was due to be induced on the Sunday at 8am but went in at 5am with broken waters instead and he was born by EMCS at 9.50am because my BP suddenly shot through the roof (around the time they refused me an epi because of an infection!) and then his heartrate dropped so they decided enough was enough.

Good luck! Fingers crossed it works for you :)

I had 3 sweeps, was 2cm dilated for all of them! After the third one, went into labour 24 hours later. Whether it was the sweep or just the fact that 'he was ready', I dont know!
Good luck though hun!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back