Vitamin B6 for MS?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
anybody heard of this for ms? if so how much do you take and does it work?x

I had a spoonful of Marmite. I was desperate and red that it contained it so I went for it. Did I feel any better erm...temporarily then back to ms for me I went off Marmite x

Lol oh no sorry that did make me laugh. Quiet honestly I'm just clutching at straws! I hate feeling sick!!!

Bananas helped a little bit temporarily and are now added to the nono club with Marmite haha. I recommend Lucozade that relieved me a little and gave me the boost I needed. It's trial and error, fresh air is a big thumbs up and trying to keep yourself distracted is key x

It never worked for me. I was supposed to take 30 mg in the morning and Unisom at night but the combination didn't seem to be doing much. For some reason Diclegis (which is a slow release of vitamin B6) worked better for me than taking the tablet form.

I take 100 mg B6 at night with Unisom. I have to take them together or it doesn't seem to work or work as well. I still don't feel 100%, but I feel much better. I didn't take it at all last week and was miserable. I started taking it again Saturday night and big improvement. I'm still slightly blah, but not as bad.

I was on a total of 300mg a day with unisom at night and it didn't touch my ms at all. So far the only thing that's even almost workworked for me is diclegis and that's hit and miss even.

I took it when pregnant with my dd but i felt sick till around 4 months woth the last month of those weeks being much better. Worth a try. Holland and barrett do a brilliant peppamint tea that settles nauseous tummys xx

My prenatal is chock-full of vitamin B and I do feel better after taking it - I also drink 8 oz of OJ and eat a banana and a boiled egg (can't do the yolk though, ugh). I find that getting the protein helps a lot - I snack on raw almonds throughout the day also. The banana and OJ have potassium, vitamin c, calcium, and folate which are all important too. It's the only combo I've found to get me off to work in the mornings without feeling cruddy.

I find A boiled egg and banana really Is a good combo. I just left Target from buying some prego natural chews for morning sickness in hopes that it'll help my MS unfortunately it made me feel really hot and queasy. Wasn't a great idea although it read it was full of Vit-B6 and ginger.

I've been taking 100mg a day since ttc ( 8 months) I can't say I've noticed any improvement but I still take it because I like to hope lol

I've been free form ms (9w6d today) and my doctor is putting that to the methyl guard that I take every day and contains 20.4mg. I've been taking it for a year though so it's been a while. It could be that or I could just be one of the lucky few that only gets the most mild case of ms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->