Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Can I ask a TMI question? Im 5 dpo and seem to be having huge amounts of creamy cm. I dont remember there being so much when I was just on the B6. Im on B Complex this month and it seems to be a different scenario altogether. :wacko: Anyone any experience of this? :blush:

Sorry there is nobody else I can ask without dying of embarrassment!!

I think the creamy CM is related to progesterone... so if you're having more, it might be a sign that your progesterone levels are higher?
Mine was different each cycle though... and each woman is different.

I think the creamy CM is related to progesterone... so if you're having more, it might be a sign that your progesterone levels are higher?
Mine was different each cycle though... and each woman is different.

Ahhhh, thanks for that. Maybe it will be different each cycle. Certainly if my progesterone is going up that might be a good thing. Hopefully will extend luteal phase. Every month I think Im taking good notes and then realise they havent been good enough. :wacko: CM could have been like this last month and I was totally oblivious!! :shrug: Dont know how I could have missed it though. :sleep:

lol, do you chart all your symptoms at fertilityfriend? I am always surprised when I looked back and saw 'oh that happened last time too' when I thought it was a new thing.

After doing a bit of research I came across this thread and this forum and wanted to say thanks for the information. I was pregnant 9 months ago but it ended in a MC around Week 10 and have been trying since. I've been charting my last few cycles and noticed the luteal phase might be short. My last 3 cycles I have Ovulated on Day 24 each time but my period came on Day 7, 14, and 10 respectively which worries me. I do typically have longer cycles, around 35-37 days. My doctor didn't seem so concerned although I am to see her again in a month. In the meantime I have started taking 50mg of B-6 to see how things go. I decided against the whole B-complex such as B-50 because I was worried there were so many different vitamins in it I didn't want to change too many variables. I hope I get enough of the other B vitamins in my diet and my pre-natals to properly initiate the B-6. I'll be watching this thread for any new info I can glean and I'll add my experience as I find out more, still 12 days away from my expected ovulation date.

:comp: I've turned into a charting fanatic!! Only coming to grips with the whole cm thing lately though. It was the one sign I wasn't really paying attention to. I've kept manual notes in a pocket diary for months and always checking on a day if it was the same as last cycle. It's terrible to be so obsessive. No clue how to turn it off though. About to embark on journey with fertility clinic so reckon the obsessing might even get worse, if that's possible. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I get totally stressed out and anxious trying not to be stressed out and anxious. :juggle: Do you still keep notes Lisa ?

I'll admit I was a lot more relaxed before I started doing any tracking at all... EXCEPT that I had no clue when my period was due or if it was really late etc. As stressful or depressing as it could be when my chart showed no ovulation... it was MUCH easier to know than to not know!

I was a big obsesser but I took comfort in it... it was my way of taking control of what I COULD instead of being out there with no clue and upset etc...
Charting showed I hadn't ovulated, got me on clomid... then it proved I did ovulate.. then it helped clue me into the low progesterone which I proved with blood tests etc.

I had to put away the thermometer after a while though... I found it to be too stressful worrying about every temp drop if I was going to lose my baby etc... so I stopped on a high temp and let it go.
Now I have no clue what my cm is like or at least I don't write it down.
I don't chart or track anything anymore. I have a good memory though or tie things to specific dates if I know them (like the spotting I got on the morning of my 12 week scan).

The only way to not stress out is to not analyze every temp change. Also, make sure any worry you have about lack of CM is replaced with relief/calmness when the good CM shows up.

After doing a bit of research I came across this thread and this forum and wanted to say thanks for the information. I was pregnant 9 months ago but it ended in a MC around Week 10 and have been trying since. I've been charting my last few cycles and noticed the luteal phase might be short. My last 3 cycles I have Ovulated on Day 24 each time but my period came on Day 7, 14, and 10 respectively which worries me. I do typically have longer cycles, around 35-37 days. My doctor didn't seem so concerned although I am to see her again in a month. In the meantime I have started taking 50mg of B-6 to see how things go. I decided against the whole B-complex such as B-50 because I was worried there were so many different vitamins in it I didn't want to change too many variables. I hope I get enough of the other B vitamins in my diet and my pre-natals to properly initiate the B-6. I'll be watching this thread for any new info I can glean and I'll add my experience as I find out more, still 12 days away from my expected ovulation date.

Hi Yo Yum Yum, so sorry to hear about your m/c. It's so hard when it happens and then there is no sign of another little bean. Every day feels like a week. Plenty of good company here though, these gals have been wonderful support and a real help to keep sanity. Keep us updated how you go. It's fascinating stuff to read everyone's experiences. When you say your period was coming on day 7, 14 and 10 do you mean days past ovulation? The first cycle I had on B6 it knocked days off my cycle but only because it took ovulation forward.

I realised that I haven't posted onto this thread for a while, so I thought I'd pop my head in. A big welcome and sprinkles of :dust:to YoYumYum and :dust: to all the other girls, of course: Allie84, GillAwaiting, MrsF and the other B6ers. Also, once again, huge :hugs: to LisaF who keeps coming back to help us all on our TTC journeys.

This cycle I'm throwing more into the mix than ever before! I'm taking B100, soya isoflavones, EPO and pregnacare tablets; I'm charting, using OPKs and I'm also going to see an acupuncturist for the first time on Thursday. I've even got the hubby on Wellman tablets to cover all the bases :thumbup: I totally agree with Lisa's comments: taking positive action has given me a feeling of having some control over my fertility, which has stubbornly refused to 'come to heel' thus far - 'Sit, eggy, and stick!'

I'm on CD15 and still haven't ovulated, which isn't unusual for me, as I normally ovulate between days 18 - 22. My temps seemed high for 5 days after taking the soya (CD 8 - 12), but are now dipping nicely, which is hopefully a sign that I'll be ovulating soon. FX FX FX
Still nothing on the OPKs though, so I'll just have to be patient...

Good luck this cycle everyone. :winkwink:

Minky

I wondered if any of you girls could help with a minor technical issue, please. How do you link up Fertility Friend properly to display tickers and link to FF charts? I don't seem to have linked it up properly.
Thanks in advance xx

You need to get the BB code for the ticker ... its the format BnB uses.

I realised that I haven't posted onto this thread for a while, so I thought I'd pop my head in. A big welcome and sprinkles of :dust:to YoYumYum and :dust: to all the other girls, of course: Allie84, GillAwaiting, MrsF and the other B6ers. Also, once again, huge :hugs: to LisaF who keeps coming back to help us all on our TTC journeys.

This cycle I'm throwing more into the mix than ever before! I'm taking B100, soya isoflavones, EPO and pregnacare tablets; I'm charting, using OPKs and I'm also going to see an acupuncturist for the first time on Thursday. I've even got the hubby on Wellman tablets to cover all the bases :thumbup: I totally agree with Lisa's comments: taking positive action has given me a feeling of having some control over my fertility, which has stubbornly refused to 'come to heel' thus far - 'Sit, eggy, and stick!'

I'm on CD15 and still haven't ovulated, which isn't unusual for me, as I normally ovulate between days 18 - 22. My temps seemed high for 5 days after taking the soya (CD 8 - 12), but are now dipping nicely, which is hopefully a sign that I'll be ovulating soon. FX FX FX

Minky

If the soya works similar to clomid, then it will raise your temps while you are on it but you should see your temps start to drop after you stop.
With clomid, you usually ovulate 5-10 days after the last tablet.
I don't know much about soy, but if this cycle is a dud, you might want to try taking it earlier in your cycle?

I'm just wondering why day 8-12 was when you took it (like I said, I know very little about soy, just that its called 'nature's clomid'). My FS had told me that clomid is most effective if you start it before your body starts forming follicles for this cycle, and that once you had a dominant follicle, the clomid wouldn't do much. That was why he had me take it on CD3-7

Minky

If the soya works similar to clomid, then it will raise your temps while you are on it but you should see your temps start to drop after you stop.
With clomid, you usually ovulate 5-10 days after the last tablet.
I don't know much about soy, but if this cycle is a dud, you might want to try taking it earlier in your cycle?

I'm just wondering why day 8-12 was when you took it (like I said, I know very little about soy, just that its called 'nature's clomid'). My FS had told me that clomid is most effective if you start it before your body starts forming follicles for this cycle, and that once you had a dominant follicle, the clomid wouldn't do much. That was why he had me take it on CD3-7

Sorry, Lisa, I didn't make myself clear. I actually took the soya on CD 4-8, but my temps were higher than normal between CD 8-12. I presumed this was an effect of the soya, though it could have been caused by the B-vits or something else???!!! Anyway, I really do hope to ovulate within the next 3-4 days so that my eggie has a good chance this cycle.

Gotta go, now. It's getting late here in the UK. Speak soon,

Minky X
Minky x

You need to get the BB code for the ticker ... its the format BnB uses.

Thanks, Lisa. Seem to have linked up my chart, but not my ticker. I'll see if I can sort that later, cos it really is bedtime. X

ah, lol.. have a good night!

Hmm, thats a little odd about the temps but since they dropped it could just be one of those things.
FX'd for an ovulation soon!

Thanks, Minky, good luck to you, too! I'm also doing a B Vit and soy this cycle. I ovulated on CD22 which is pretty good for me.

Thanks, Minky, good luck to you, too! I'm also doing a B Vit and soy this cycle. I ovulated on CD22 which is pretty good for me.

Thanks Allie and Lisa.

The second line on my OPKs was getting stronger this morning, so I think ovulation might be on its way..... :thumbup: FX I'm going to test again later, so hopefully my surge will have started properly by then! That would mean ovulation on CD 17 or 18 (on CD 16 today), which is pretty good for me and would hopefully give my soya eggy a good chance with Mr :spermy:. I'm not going to worry about my odd temps earlier this month - I know B vits and disturbed nights can all cause fluctuations.

Good luck to you, Allie, in your soya cycle. As always, :dust:

Minky x

Hey ladies, can B50Complex make you O sooner ?

Hey Kylarsmon, Here's what happened to me...first B6 made me O earlier and then changed to b50 complex and it stayed the same as B6 alone. It shot forward from a regular cd 18 to cd 15. However I o'd last week on cd 16, still an improvement. It did reduce the number of days I was getting positive opks. I used to get three full days of positives. On B6 couldnt pinpoint the positive at all and then this month I got a definite solid for one day (tested noon and 8pm). Hope that is some help to you!

Waiting to see what happens in luteal phase now. It hasnt done much for that so far...

It seems to effect people lots of different ways!! Its definitely worth a shot if you are trying to bring it forward. It has helped a lot of people on this thread. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->