Vitamin D anyone?

snazz

Reaction score
I was taking Vitamin D 2000 units prior to getting pregnant, and I continued it all through the first trimester after finding out I was pregnant but now I'm getting paranoid that it's too much and might cause harm...

Anyone else taking Vitamin D?? Should I stop it??

My chiropractor told me to take D. Said I could take as much as 3000 a day, so I think you are fine. I once googled and read that high-dose D is actually associated with better pregnancy outcomes. I didn't read too much more into it. I just wanted to confirm for myself that it was okay to take as much as my chiropractor was saying. I suspect it is fine for you to continue taking it. D also helps you to absorb calcium.

I was taking 6000/day before my IVF (prenatal + supplement) as per my RE, but at 6 weeks my perinatologist moved me down to just my prenatal (1000) plus a smaller supplement (2500). Apparently D is really important in pregnancy and each dr has a different amount they want you on. Now that I've been moved down to low risk, I go to the OB and she says what I'm on is fine.

my high risk ob recommends an additional 2000 a day over my prenatal. Additional vitamin D has been shown to have beneficial effects on pregnancy and conception as well as fetal health.
It can build up to toxic levels in the body but you have to take a lot more than that (50000 iu daily for months).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->