Vitamin drops

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Totally forgot that they had vitamin drops for babies and looked for them yesterday and they still sell it.

Do you give your baby vitamin drops?

My mum used to use them for me and has been on at me to get Kyle them, but I can't find them!

I know where they have them in Canada :) But that's no help to you.

No, we were told by the pediatrician that she didn't need them as we were formula feeding. Will ask her again when we go next week though as we've started weaning.

I had no idea about them...my doctor didn't say a thing.
Maybe I should ask her?

They have vitamin D drops for breastfed babies and then they have Tri-vitamin drops containing A, C and D, which I was thinking of getting.

We use Abidec (sp) for Dec. You can get it free on script

I asked my doctor about it, and she said as long as LO wasn't a picky eater, and was getting a variety of foods in his diet, then not to bother as he's getting everything he needs.

I gave Tom vitamin drops from being 8 months old for a couple of month when he stopped BF and wouldn't drink formula. Other than that I wouldn't have bothered.

We have to give Poppy Abidec, Iron and Folic Acid evey day until she is 12 months, but that is only because she was premature/low birth weight.

I will be getting some for maxim as hes a picky eater and on cows milk now so he needs it ..

we had some 'abidec' from our local chemist. have only tried it once, as she was poorly at the time and hv recommend it. i may start again as she's slow with weaning x

I use Abidec. Was recommended to me by some one at work. \thought i'd give them ago.

Can get it in Boots over the counter

x

Like Vickie, my doctor said that is only for breastfed babies. I wonder if they are necessary when weening...hmmmm...I am curious as to what Vickies doctor will say, because I just started weening Helena.

I was also told that since Jayce is formula fed that there is no need for them. When he starts drinking less formula in the next few months I may look into them though. My older son has his flinstone vitamins for picky eaters, so do deffinetly plan on giving him some, just dontknow when. We have his shots and check-up appointment of the 10th so I will deffinetly bring it up then.

Like Vickie, my doctor said that is only for breastfed babies. I wonder if they are necessary when weening...hmmmm...I am curious as to what Vickies doctor will say, because I just started weening Helena.

Will let you know if I can remember ;) We go in next Monday

Will let you know if I can remember ;) We go in next Monday

I don't go in for 3 months and I am trying to avoid going everytime I have a question. :rofl: I think I could move in to the doctors office, I am there so often.

I was also told that while I was BF'ing Erica, she needed vitamins, but after switching to formula, she didn't need them anymore. She has a really well balanced diet, so I think she is ok. When she gets older and pickier, I'll start giving her them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->