vitamin supplements?

ZoMo

Reaction score
I am having a little panic - I have been taking multivitamin tablets for a while and it only just occurred to me to look at the pot and it says not to take if you are pregnant or likely to become pregnant except of the advice of your doctor or ante-natal clinic. I am also taking folic acid (which I know is recommended) and the dissolvable vitamin c with zinc tablets which makes the drink taste like orange (like Berocca)- this just says speak to a doctor if you are pregnant or likely to become pregnant.

Does anyone else know whether it is safe to take multi-vitamins whilst TTC?

It never occurred to me that it wouldnt be safe until just now :?

I take a prenatal- but multi's should be perfectly fine my dear! :flower:

It is better to take a prenatal rather than a general multi as vitamin A in high concentrations can be harmful to the developing baby. I think that is probably what the warning is referring to.

I posted something similar a few months ago as I was concerned. A lot of the prenatals contain high levels of b vits that should not be taken long term as it can cause damage to the nerve endings. Spoke to a doctor at work and he stated that the risk is minimal. better to take the prenatals as other multivits are even more damaging if you do become pregnant. x

Ooh thankyou, I will hunt down some prenatal vitamins instead. I take it the vitamin C and zinc combination dissolvable tablets are ok? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->