Vitamins? Help Me Please....

Eternity

Mum to 9yoDD (&NTNP)
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I should be taking.

What have you all been taking/recommended?

Also what's the deal with teas? Green tea? Peppermint?

I am so confused as to what to be taking while TTC.

I was taking a multivitamin, but yesterday I looked closer at the label to see which B vits and how much folic acid if any they had in them, and the small print says not to take them if pregnant or likely to become pregnant as they contain vit A.

So now I've learned to avoid vit A, and I know I should be having folic acid but then I'm lost.

Should I just take Folic acid? Or just a prenatal multivit? Or both? Or should I get just fa and a Bvit complex?

What exactly do B vitamins do? And is it all of them or just b12 or b6 or something?

Mind my is well and truly boggled!!!!!! :shrug:

Hi,

I current am taking sanatogen mother to be vitamins which have folic acid as well as 18 other vitamins and minerals.

They contain all the things you need so may be give them a go x

Any Prenatal vitamin you can get at the pharmacy should provide you with the nutrients you need. I personally use Rainbow Light Prenatal One- it's a food based multivitamin made with all natural ingredients (I was shocked to see some of the other options contain artificial colors and other nonsense like that). You want 800mcg of folic acid to ensure you've received 100% of the daily recommended dose. You might also want to eat lots more leafy greens, asparagus is LOADED with folic acid.

Word to the wise...take your vitamin right after you eat a meal- much easier to digest :thumbup:

Good luck!

hey, I'm just taking folic acid and eating healthily. The only thing you need to make sure your taking is the folic acid, so important while TTC and early pregnancy.

I've also switched from regular tea to peppermint or green tea as they don't have a negative effect on fertility, some people think they are actually beneficial to conception so I figure it can't hurt!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->