vitamins?

EmmySocks

Reaction score
What vitamins are you taking/ planning to take while wtt/ ttc?

I'm wtt but just taking folic acid. do you think i should take anything extra now or when trying?

Folic acid is perfect! It will help develop babies spinal column in those early crucial days before you know you are pregoo. Once you get pregnant, consider switching to a prenatal with DHA in it. I had to do gummy vitamins without iron for first tri until my stomach calmed down. Then switched to one with iron in it. I actually still take the same ones as LO still BFs :)

Folic Acid does not help to get pregnant, it only helps for when the baby is growing inside of you. It helps with the development of the baby.
ive been trying to conceive for 3 years now and been taking folic acid for the 3 years and it hasnt helped...

I just took a good quality pregnancy vitamin (Solgar prental vitamins, the cheaper ones made me so sick they thought I had an ulcer for 6 months!). That's it. You should take at least folic acid (if not a pregnancy-safe multivitamin) once you are TTC. Like the PP said, it won't help you get pregnant, but that's not the point. It's to prevent neural tube defects, which develop in the very first weeks of pregnancy, before many mums even know they're pregnant, which is why it's recommended as soon as you're TTC, so that your levels are adequate in those first critical weeks when the neural tube is developing. I generally ate healthy and worked out too. I got pregnant easily and had a healthy, easy pregnancy, so I'll do the same next time too. Once I was pregnant, I added in extra vitamin C and DHA/EPA. I'll probably add in some extra iron next time too, but only when I'm pregnant.

Folic acid does help get pregnant BUT it's your man that should be taking it.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/preconception/ask-heidi/folic-acid-and-male-fertility.aspx

Folic acid will help you to increase your chance of getting pregnant! It's also vital for the growth and health of all the cells in the body!

4 Must-Dos When You Are Trying to conceive
Vitamins and minerals during pregnancy
Pregnancy and Prenatal Vitamins

I take FertilAid for Women (from FairHaven Health) as it's supposed to be good for the female reproductive system and balancing hormones. I have a very irregular cycle and I'm hoping this helps balance things out eventually!

It's not really a vitamin as such but I'm currently taking agnus castus to regulate my cycles and help me ovulate, and raspberry tea to 'tone' and prepare my uterus for pregnancy :) When I'm ttc i will be taking pregnacare pre conception vitamins (which ill be starting 3 months before ttc).

Thank you - i'm not taking it because i want it to help get me pregnant - i'm still wtt, but i'm taking it in advance of NTNP sometime soon, and because i've come off my contraception so an oops is more likely.

MindUtopia or anyone who doesn't get on with vitamins - What sort of symptoms did you have? i've been taking them for nearly 2 weeks and i'm having ridiculous stomach problems - really queasy, feeling sick, not hungry, upset stomach. or is it just something i ate? I can't believe a vitamin could do so much

I've heard of a lot of women who feel sick on some prenatal vitamins. Switch brands and see if an other works better for you or take them at night

ive been taking regular pregnacare for about 6 weeks (will be about 2/3 months by the time we are TTC) when I get a bfp im going to take pregnacare max for a month then switch back to regular pregnacare for the rest of the pregnancy, its just easier than looking for multi vits that dont have vitamin A and all that.. also got my DH taking multivitamins & minerals from asda as they contain folic acid and zinc which i believe are good for sperm quality
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->