Vitamins?

thinknboutbby

Husband and furbabays:)
Reaction score
I have a few questions about pre-natals and folic acid?

Im assuming:coffee: that I should start taking one, both or either since we arent "preventing" pregnancy anymore.

1) should I take both or just the folic acid?
2) Are the generic or cheaper versions just as efficient?

Ill be in the area of A GNC and the Dollar Tree Friday and am considering picking some up, but I want to get the right thing.:wacko:

I'd say you only need the multivitamins if you don't think you get enough in your diet, and be careful not to buy any that have vitamin A in as it can cause problems with baby if you get pregnant (which is why you shouldn't eat liver). I take one cause I figure it can't hurt to get a few extra vits :)

The recommended for folic acid is 400mcg unless you have a medical condition or are on medication which may mean you need more. They say you should take this regardless of your diet.

Hope this helps!

xxx

EDIT: Oops forgot to say, look at labels of the cheaper ones and if its got the same levels of vitamins in it then its just as good. I just take cheapy supermarket own brand ones not the expensive prenatal stuff.

Thanks, Ill keep all of that in mind.

Im leary of the multis, since the last time I tried to take them, they made me so nauseous...it was horrible.

I bought folic acid today which has the 400mcg in from asda, comes with 6 months supply and was £2.50 odd although you could buy two for £4 HTH x

Im leary of the multis, since the last time I tried to take them, they made me so nauseous...it was horrible.

I was throwing up every day when I was taking mine in the morning - I take them after my evening meal now when I am nice and full and it has helped loads :flower:

I would say start now to build up your vitamin stores. Why not get a head start? I would suggest taking them at night before bed, in case they make you sick you shouldn't notice. I personally love the one a day prenatals.

I would just take a prenatal vitamin. After about two months I got used to them and they didn't make me nauseous anymore.

Thanks ladies! :hugs:I figure it cant hurt to start taking something, just in case it would happen (they say it does when your not focused on it)!

What ever I get I will try to take them at night, hadnt thought of that.

I may go to GNC website today and see what they have and how much.:thumbup:

I've heard of people taking gummy vitamins during pregnancy to avoid the nausea prenatals vitamins can cause, supposedly they are pretty similar to prenatals. anyone else heard of this, is it legit at all?

Ya know, I heard about this (on another site maybe) except a woman was taking Flinstones vitamins. I actually thought about that as well.

Does anyone know you should start taking folic acid?

I had my Implanon out on Wed & was told two different things! The nurse told me to start taking it from around the time I'd like to get pregnant. But the doctor told me to start now even though we won't be TTC til Aug. She said it wouldn't do my body any harm & levels do need to be quite high.

Does anyone know when is best? x

Usually the advice is to start at least 3 months before you plan to ttc. Folic Acid levels should ideally build up for a while before they're needed. It can't hurt anyway, as there's no evidence that Folic Acid can be overdosed and you can get really cheap ones. So I'd start now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->