Vitex and confused on when I'm O'ing!

sjackson310

Reaction score
I started vitex this cycle on CD1 because my cycles have been a little off. I'd been O'ing on CD 19, 21, 24, and 27 with a LP of 9-11.
Today is CD 16 and I think I got a +OPK today (earliest O since I started tracking in January). I've been using Wondfo, but took an extra CVS blue dye OPK I had laying around today just to verify. My problem is that on the pink Wondfo tests, the test line looks just the tiniest bit lighter than the control line. Am I just staring at it too much, or is it actually a positive? The blue dye OPK I took looks positive, but it just has the thin dark line. My temps are still down.
In previous months, the test line would only get as dark as the control line, never darker. I also used to only test 1 time per day, and I always ended up ovulating the day of that +OPK. Since I am testing like 50x a day (I am about to test again here in an hour :dohh:) I believe I am catching the beginning of my surge so I may not ovulate till tomorrow, correct?

Basically, do these look positive enough? I BD last night around 11pm, this morning around 3am, and this afternoon around 1pm. I am kinda sore so would I probably be safe taking a break till tomorrow?

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 6
I started vitex this cycle on CD1 because my cycles have been a little off. I'd been O'ing on CD 19, 21, 24, and 27 with a LP of 9-11.
Today is CD 16 and I think I got a +OPK today (earliest O since I started tracking in January). I've been using Wondfo, but took an extra CVS blue dye OPK I had laying around today just to verify. My problem is that on the pink Wondfo tests, the test line looks just the tiniest bit lighter than the control line. Am I just staring at it too much, or is it actually a positive? The blue dye OPK I took looks positive, but it just has the thin dark line. My temps are still down.
In previous months, the test line would only get as dark as the control line, never darker. I also used to only test 1 time per day, and I always ended up ovulating the day of that +OPK. Since I am testing like 50x a day (I am about to test again here in an hour :dohh:) I believe I am catching the beginning of my surge so I may not ovulate till tomorrow, correct?

Basically, do these look positive enough? I BD last night around 11pm, this morning around 3am, and this afternoon around 1pm. I am kinda sore so would I probably be safe taking a break till tomorrow?

I think those look positive! If you BD'ed that many times today (go you) I'd say you're definitely safe to take a break until tomorrow. Haha! :)

:dust:

Okay thank you. My sex drive the last 24 hours has been through the roof (would love to BD right now but it feels inflamed down there... sorry tmi). And I broke out this morning... and like an hour ago i started crying while reading something about post partum bleeding... which made zero sense and it ended within a minute. I've never had these symptoms at O, so I guess maybe it's the Vitex?

Okay thank you. My sex drive the last 24 hours has been through the roof (would love to BD right now but it feels inflamed down there... sorry tmi). And I broke out this morning... and like an hour ago i started crying while reading something about post partum bleeding... which made zero sense and it ended within a minute. I've never had these symptoms at O, so I guess maybe it's the Vitex?

It may very well be. I'm taking something called conceiveeasy and it's got my emotions acting all crazy! And cravings for foods I've never been interested in and things I know I shouldn't have (like chocolate...hehe). But a high sex drive is super helpful when TTC so that's a good thing. :)

But take it easy on the girly bits, you need them. :awww:

Did you ovulate already? Have the pills been making you emotional the entire cycle or just around O? I have also been taking Fertile CM and then started B6 like 5 days ago to help with my LP. I had a CP last month so I want to do whatever I can to get preggo again. Also using Preseed. This is our 2nd month trying.

Any benefits you've noticed from the conceiveeasy??

Did you ovulate already? Have the pills been making you emotional the entire cycle or just around O? I have also been taking Fertile CM and then started B6 like 5 days ago to help with my LP. I had a CP last month so I want to do whatever I can to get preggo again. Also using Preseed. This is our 2nd month trying.

Any benefits you've noticed from the conceiveeasy??

Oh yes, I ovulated on CD11 (May 6th), but got AF today so no go this month. I feel like I've been more emotional this entire cycle but around O and today with AF it seems to be heightened. So the times when a lot of hormones are coursing through us already.

June will be our 4th month....trying to stay positive. :)

Mmmmm, I haven't really noticed much but I've only been on it about 3 weeks. It's all natural and I know several people who were TTC for years when they started taking it and just 3-4 months later they were pregnant. So I'm hoping.

well good luck to you guys! I am assuming conceiveeasy has vitex in it, right? I know most of the fertility supplements do. So far I like the one I am using, it's called Femaprin or something like that.

well good luck to you guys! I am assuming conceiveeasy has vitex in it, right? I know most of the fertility supplements do. So far I like the one I am using, it's called Femaprin or something like that.

Thanks! Same to you!

I don't believe it has vitex in it. It's not listed in the ingredients. It lists: angelica sinesis, glycyrrhiza uralensis, viburnum opulus, folic acid, apid mellifica, iron, calcium, rehmannia glutinosa, thyrodinum, paeonia alba, panax ginseng, sabina, agnus castrus, thiapsi bursa pastoris.

I checked with my OBGYN and she said it's all good stuff but she was skeptical it would actually do anything. She's also skeptical I need any assistance getting pregnant and refuses to test me. lol

Thanks! Same to you!

I don't believe it has vitex in it. It's not listed in the ingredients. It lists: angelica sinesis, glycyrrhiza uralensis, viburnum opulus, folic acid, apid mellifica, iron, calcium, rehmannia glutinosa, thyrodinum, paeonia alba, panax ginseng, sabina, agnus castrus, thiapsi bursa pastoris.

I checked with my OBGYN and she said it's all good stuff but she was skeptical it would actually do anything. She's also skeptical I need any assistance getting pregnant and refuses to test me. lol

Agnus Castus is vitex hun (they are the same thing) so you are getting some for sure...worked wonders for me.

The cycle we conceived this baby I had hormonal issues from the get go which I took as the vitex priming everything. I had acne, crying, and tons of cm for the first time and this was all before O lol. After O I had major creamy cm on 3 dpo and lots of cying episodes up to my bfp. Good luck ladies!

Thanks! Same to you!

Agnus Castus is vitex hun (they are the same thing) so you are getting some for sure...worked wonders for me.

The cycle we conceived this baby I had hormonal issues from the get go which I took as the vitex priming everything. I had acne, crying, and tons of cm for the first time and this was all before O lol. After O I had major creamy cm on 3 dpo and lots of cying episodes up to my bfp. Good luck ladies!

Well that's good to hear! I feel good about this cycle. I just took a 2 hour nap and when I woke up I took my temp (I know, totally didn't get enough sleep and wrong time of the day) and it was way up. So I'll confirm it in the morning. I take my temp at all different times of the day anyways due to working night shift. But even though it's taken at different times, it's always after like 6-8 hours of sleep so my temps aren't too erratic. This ovulation has me EXHAUSTED. I guess it's all the progesterone.

Crystaljmm, look to see what amount of agnus castrus is in your conceiveeasy. My Femaprin is only like 400mg or just under that amount but it's working very well. I've seen other folks who take like 1,200 mg daily. I like femaprin because it's only one pill a day.. somewhere i read that it has a different type of agnus castrus in it so only one pill is needed... something like that. But I mean last month I ovulated on the 27th day of my cycle which was the longest folliular phase EVER, and now it happened on the 16th day. Not bad for the first month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->