Vitex and/or Soy? School me, please!

Shelley71

Reaction score
Ok, I've been reading up on these, but I'm a little confused.

So, Vitex the first half of a cycle to help O.

And, Soy Iso for 5 days to push O?

Isn't that the same point? Do you take both or one or the other?

Not sure but I know soy is used as a 'natural' Clomid and is taken the same as Clomid so that would be to help with ovulating. I'm assuming anything taken in the first half of the cycle is to help with everything leading up to O which would be LH levels and all of that? I didn't want to read and run but I have heard good thing s about soy and not sure about Vitex :)

stay away from soy is my advice but angus castus or vitex is a miracle as its only reason i have my son! soy messed me up royally!

I was advised (by my GP) to try Vitex when I weaned off anti-depressants due to the hormone affect on my depression and used to take it for the complete cycle before TTC but now I take Vitex from CD1 to O but mainly as it helps smooth out my mood swings during AF and makes them less painful.

Apparently Vitex can help regulate cycles but I've never read how it affects O.

Sorry I can't be more help :hugs:

Thanks ladies! I think I'll go to Whole Foods today and try to find Vitex. I'm leery of the Soy, because I have heard more than once that it can screw up a cycle.

Yep stay away from Soy, it messes up my cycles every time i have used it. I am thinking about trying the Angus Cactus, i have heard good things about that!!

I will say some ladies have said they have had headaches on Vitex but I can say this hasn't been an issue for me and has really helped smooth out my PMS and AF cramps :thumbup:

Yeah I can't remember where I read it but if TTC then take from CD1 until ovulation and then stop taking :thumbup:

take angus castus/vitex from CD1/2 till you ov x

Shelley- soy is a crap shoot; I don't know how else to say it. If you decide to try it, go into knowing that you could do more damage than there was to begin with...if it helps, I asked my doctor about this yesterday and he said a big fat no. :hugs:

Shelley- soy is a crap shoot; I don't know how else to say it. If you decide to try it, go into knowing that you could do more damage than there was to begin with...if it helps, I asked my doctor about this yesterday and he said a big fat no. :hugs:

I'm not going near it. I keep hearing nothing but bad things, so not even going there. I think I'm just now getting my cycles back to normal, so no way in HELL am I taking any chances. Glad to hear your doctor confirm it too!

have you tried any detoxers?

What are those?

I haven't tried anything actually. I'm just now getting back to tracking after a two month cycle, and we had only been working on it for a month or so before that. I had an annovulatory cycle before the two month one, so I'm not even sure if I'm Oing. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary this cycle, except maybe Vitex. I'm already CD6 so I might even wait until next time.

me, my OH and my MIL use essiac tea its really good for you and restores hormonal balance and does your system the world of good if you get the real stuff :D x

I'm taking Vitex after a lot of research - seems to be many miracle stories of people having taken it. It does apparently take 3 or so months to kick in though, not an overnight thing...

I've also never seen any really definitive advice about how MUCH to take! I think the directions on the bottle I have say 1 capsule 1-3 times per day (which would be 400-1200mg). I take a bit more than that, 5 x per day for 2000 mg, as I had seen people talking about far greater quantities than that. But who knows! Anyone else?

my son is a miracle story from vitex xxx

That's awesome... he's a total cutie too!!

Do you remember how much you used to take? (or how much you're taking now?)

J

he looks different now that tag is old lol :D i took 1600mg per day for first 13days (i ovulate on CD14)

I really think you should just monitor your cycle for a couple of months and see what happens before you add anything to your regime.

You don't have a baseline to go by yet, so you really don't know if you need anything yet.

I don't think you should take anything beyond a PreNatal vitamin with folic acid right now.

If you recall, just taking 50 mgs of a B complex changed things drastically for me...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->