Vitex anyone?

syrlatc

Reaction score
Okay, well CD 1 for me. I was getting faint positives on tests and then they started to get lighter and lighter... so I think I might have had a chemical.

well, I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts. this is now our 13th cycle ttc. I have very irregular cycles due to my endo/cysts.... I was hearing a lot about Vitex. I was wondering if I could use it to regulate my cycles. This cycle was my longest cycle, 47 days. (it has varied- my shortest cycle was 31 days.. it's all over the place)

I went out and bought some of the liquid Vitex. I haven't used any yet. I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on it. also, how much should I take? I've heard 40 drops in the morning... but not sure what CD to start it

I've also heard that it can take two or three months for it to regulate your cycle, which is fine.. I don't care, I'm just so ready for a sticky bean!

Any thoughts on this stuff?

I am using it, but I cannot say if it's helped.
I have tried it before, for 2 months, no changes. This is my 4th month on it now.
Took it Dec & Jan cycles, then near the end of my previous cycle went back on it again.
Also trying Maca Root, but cannot say what it's done.
Also Chinese herbs (from my acupuncturist, who I am also seeing this cycle).

I am taking Vitex, Folic Acid, Super B 12 Complex, and Maca.... I have only been taking them for abou a week and half and I am on CD 106... :( But I have to say the maca (only been taking it for 3 days) has given me a lot of energy and really curved my appetite! But no noticible changes in my cycles yet!

I tried vitex for about three months and spotted the entire time, and it gave me horrible headaches

Yeah it gave me panic attacks :s. You wont know till you try though, it works different for everyone :) I'd try and just see how it goes with you.

I'm just tryin to figure out what CD to start taking it

Today I am currently CD 3 and I take vitex and swear by it. I normally have 90 day or longer cycles due to unknown reasons for the past 2 years. i literally had 4 natural periods in 2011 and like 3 natural periods in early 2012 but since taking vitex off and on for the past 6 months I've had 4 complete cycles and am now on my 5th. This is huge for me! Thats literally a period every month. And on top of that I ovulate every month which was confirmed by my doctor!

I'm super excited about this and will continue vitex until my bfp. Every time I stop vitex though my period starts to stretch out again so I do not know if its a permanent solution. I've heard that you have to take it continuously for at least 3 to 6 complete cycles for it to fully regulate your periods without you having to take it anymore in some cases even a year.

When I had the liquid tincture form it was a mix of different herbs that balance a woman's hormones like vitex, black chohash, maca root, dong quai, and many others, and I would take 30 drops 3 times a day morning, noon, and night. Now I take 1000mg of vitex and about 1000mg of dong quai as pills and they have been working great.

Your not supposed to use vitex while on your period as it can make you bleed longer. Start it the day after your period ends. Take it through to ovulation. Some women stop it once they ovulate, some women continue to take it through ovulation as it strengthens the luetal phase and increases progesterone but if you do it this way be for to stop it once your period starts and if u become pregnant continue to take it through the first trimester. I usually take it up to ovualation then wean myself off during my luetal phase by taking a really low dose for the first 3 days. So it's really up to u.

Sorry for this long reply but I hope that helped :)

I took Vitax when conceiving my first child, I didn't have any problems with it. It can take several months to be effective. I took Vitax (1000mg), B6/B12, iron supplement and prenatal vitamin. You can start taking it anytime and I continue taking it through my period. I had an irregular cycle and the vitax definitely helped.

I didn't start taking the vitax till I was TTC almost 9 months. I was on it 3 months and I was pregnant (but miscarried) and got pregnant again right away. I started taking Vitax again a month ago in preparation, we're TTC at the end of the month for #2.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Sorry to butt in, but can you take it while Breastfeeding? My LP is only 7/8 days so we're struggling to get a sticky bean!

I also thought you weren't supposed to take it during ovulation and lp?

I took it after coming off BC because I had weird cycles before. I had one cycle where my body was adjusting back to normal and I don't think I O'd, but then it looks like we caught this cycle. Can't say if it was the vitex or time that made the difference, but the "recovery" cycle was 30 days then I o'd on day 14 of the next.

I was taking 1200mg of the tablet form. As far as I'm aware its Soy that you just take in the lead up to O, and Vitex is all cycle long but isn't recommended once pregnant. No idea about breast feeding.

Well after 2 weeks on Vitex i am on CD 1!!! Hoping this cycle I ovulate and have a shorter cycle!

I'm currently on CD14 (got a peak on CBFM today! Yay!!) I'm thinking of trying Vitex and found this info;
https://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex

I have endometriosis and suspect I may have low progesterone as I have a low temp after O and a lot of spotting for a week before AF. I have also read about excess estrogen (which often goes hand in hand with low progesterone) causing endometriosis and also thrush which I get at least once a month.

Hopefully Vitex can help. I will report back if I see any results :)

I took vitex n met for 2 months n had my first real AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->