VITEX Experience?

Disney1818

Expecting Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
Just ordered Vitex after reading that it can be a natural alternative to Clomid.I read that some women take it every day and now have regular cycles?

I don't ovulate on my own at all. Been TTC for a year and have only O'd twice. Both on 3rd Clomid round and 4th Clomid round. (First two rounds were annovulatory)

Any experience with Vitex?

This is my first cycle on it and it helped me ovulate, I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own either..
I stopped after ovulation as I did read that it can stop a fertilised egg implanting as it causes your uterus to contract :shrug:

Worth a try! GL :flower:

It's worth a try but don't put all your eggs in one basket like I did. I was hoping that it would help my menstrual cycles (I don't get periods) but it honestly didn't feel like it did anything. Good luck

I started taking it a couple of weeks ago (along with maca) and have ovulated and AF is just about here.

I took vitex for one month. Caused some swelling on my ankles. I did a progesterone blood test at say 21 and Dr said my progesterone levels were excellent. Pretty sure it was the vitex

I have PCOS but ovulate on my own now that im older, took vitex when we started TTC because I dident know if I was ovulating on my own yet and it made me have such high LH level my OPKs were positive for weeks and it delayed my cycle . never took it again.

I have had different cycle lengths for the past 4 months; 33, 31, 27, 37 days... I am going to go on Vitex to hopefully regulate this and help TTC. Anyone else have the same issue? Should I start evening primrose oil as well or is it too much to take both?

Thanks for your replies, guys! I read that it can take up to 6 months for the effects to fully kick in. Hopefully that won't be the case for me!

To the PP who mentioned progesterone, I have very low progesterone after O so that is definitely a welcomed side effect!

I have had different cycle lengths for the past 4 months; 33, 31, 27, 37 days... I am going to go on Vitex to hopefully regulate this and help TTC. Anyone else have the same issue? Should I start evening primrose oil as well or is it too much to take both?
I would suggest taking 1000mg EPO with vitex to help your cm

Hi ladies. I have read that taking vitex can help regulate your cycle after coming of birth control , does anyone know if it helps after a miscarriage?

Just a note - got my BFP after taking vitex for a cycle and a half! I will be continuing it throughout the first trimester. I went from having an 80 and 50 day cycle (started vitex a cpl weeks before my period came) to getting pregnant this cycle. It does work!

I got pregnant on it when I first started it. I started on CD 2 and got my BFP at 9dpo and I weaned off of it at 15 weeks. I'm planning to take it this time trying as well. It regulated my cycle and helped even out my hormone levels. I tried 13 months before I decided to try Vitex, then I got pregnant while on it.

I am so glad to hear some success with this! I have had erratic cycles so I started taking it yesterday on CD1. I had taken it a few years back and it did help, but I stopped taking it once they were back on track. I wasn't ttc back then so I am curious to see how it works now that I use opk's and temp. Did anyone take anything else while on it? I was thinking Maca?

I used it with maca. Honestly not sure the maca did anything as I was on it for months before and my cycles were a mess.

Hi! I just ordered Vitex because my cycles have been getting longer since going off BCP. Currently CD48 with no AF in sight. This was our 3rd cycle TTC, and 4th cycle since BCP. I guess I'm less patient than the majority here who waited a year of TTC! Wondering about dosage and if you have to wean off of it once cycles are regulated or if you conceive? I'm thinking of taking two 400mg tablets daily, so 800mg total. Does that sound right? I don't want to use too much because I usually only require smaller doses of medications, but I want to make sure I'm using enough to have an effect.

Thank you!

I take 1600mg daily, but I had bad PCOS and now I'm using it through the first trimester to keep progesterone up. I've heard most use around 1200-1600mg I think. At least where I was reading. But if you typically require smaller doses maybe 800mg would work. You can always do it a couple months and increase if necessary.

I have been taking 1200mg in the morning before eating. It has only been 3 days..and it could maybe all be in my head, but I can already feel a small difference!

I took vitex for the first time this month throughout my cycle and I Ovd on Cd15-16 and had a 28 day cycle, after having had a 40 day cycle previously and 35 before that. I did have some loose BM though the week leading up to AF which I think may have been a side effect. I am going to the doctor next week and will ask her advice about whether to stay on it or not at this stage.

I swear by it now! I got my BFP my very first month taking Vitex.

Had trouble TTC, low progesterone and wasn't ovulating regularly. Saw a bunch of amazing reviews about Vitex on several different websites so I went to GNC and bought a bottle of the capsules. I took 1000mg/day in the morning from CD6 - CD13 (as well as 2000mg/day EPO) & finally FELT my ovulation pains on CD 12.

Though I can't really say much about it regulating cycles because AF never came for me, it definitely helped bring on ovulation and moved it forward by two days.

The other perk of this herb, for me, was that I did not have any wacky side effects from it.

Good luck & baby dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->