vitex, maca..... and tyc while breast feeding.

tandie8

Reaction score
Hello everyone...I am here to see if there is anyone who is taking vitex and maca to ttc while bf... My son is 17 months and he feeds when he wants. I have been taking vitex for 3 weeks now. I just ordered maca. I don't get af and I am sure I don't ovulate. can anyone tell me a little about this...thank you

Vitex was terrible for me- it turned my regular, happy cycles into full blown PCOS. I stopped O'ing the month I started Vitex, gained 40 lbs in the few months I was on it, and kept gaining weight for the first 7 months after I stopped taking it- until the doctors figured out what was going on with me. By then, I had gained almost 100 lbs, was insulin resistant, and my hormones were a total disaster.

I didn't ovulate on my own for over a year after taking that stuff. Ended up having to do IVF, and that's been a nightmare all of its own. Since then, I have come across other ladies who have taken it- both those who O'd before and those who didn't, who had similar weight gain issues, and who also developed insulin and hormone problems after Vitex.

Anyway, I know most women respond fine to Vitex/Chasteberry, but I always like to post what happened to me just in case someone else notices it beginning to happen to them. If anyone does, they should stop taking it immediately. It was a really scary situation and, 3 years later, I am still 60-70 lbs heavier than I was pre-Vitex and now I only O once every 50 days. I don't know if things will ever go back to normal for me.

On a positive note, I've never heard of anyone having an adverse reaction to Maca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->