Vitex??

I have been taking it for 4 months now and I noticed that it seems to have helped with my temperature flux problems when charting and I have also noticed a decreases in PMS and Acne I usually seem to get around when AF arrives. However my LP seems to be the same about 10-12 days. I am still having 40-42 day cycles and I am still having trouble getting a positive OPK test. So I have noticed some positive effects that seem to show that is doing something. But I may have another underlying problem that Vitex cant fix on its own. =(

Hi NadiaSweety, thanks for responding. I am glad for you that you have found Vitex has helped with some of your symptoms. I have heard of ladies getting pregnant with 10-12 day LP, my fingers are crossed for you!!! Also, I hope you don't mind but I noticed in your signature about your thyroid surgery-just wanted to share that my mom had a very hyperactive thyroid and right after her radioactive treatment when she went in for a full panel hormone check to check her levels, they told her her HCG was high and she was expecting!! Best of luck to you and I hope your thyroid treatment goes well :)

@Trina
Thanks. I am having surgery next week and I am also hoping that this will help with some of the TTC problems we have been having. Although my blood work is within normal I have an enlarged right lobe that I think is causing other problems. I was starting to think that I was having Anovulatory cycles. We will see what happens after the surgery. I think that Vitex was probably masking some of the other symptoms of my thyroid problem. Vitex is supposed to work to help balance a woman's hormone levels. But the real question is why are your levels off. If there is a medical reason to why your unbalanced then it wont be as big of a help.

Hi girls, just wanted to update that my last cycle on Vitex was still the same length-a short 19 days, but rather than starting to spot on day 18 I started spotting on day 19. Also the flow was a little bit lighter. I hope Vitex worked better for other ladies this month.
I am having all of my hormone levels checked this month and in case Vitex or B6 are masking any problems I decided to not take them this month.

Vitex helped me I believe. Also have your man's sperm checked. I was shocked to find out his semen was "highly viscous."

Hi lm3898,
I am still taking Vitex, I am taking Nature's Way 2 400 mg tablets daily. I got the 1000mg Vitex from GNC, but stopped taking it as the bottle says it only has 100mg of actual vitex in the capsule. I also only got to 8dpo last cycle!! Do you mind me asking how long you have had a short luteal phase for? I have had short cycles for a year now after coming off the pill, I just started temping recently but I assume my luteal phase has been short the whole time.

Hi Trina,

Sorry I missed this when you posted! I've been taking the natures way vitex since I started this new cycle [July 11th] 2 pills/day PLUS 50 mg of B6 and 2 pills of red raspberry leaf supplement per day. This month it looks like I ovulated on cd 18 [last month it was cd 21] so currently I'm 3dpo today [waiting for my temps to stay up to confirm this. If that's true then I think it's already helping though I've heard you need about 3 months to see significant changes. This is my first month temping & using opks. Last month I only used opk's.

Last month was my first month ttc after stopping bcp and my luteal phase was 8 days.

If my luteal phase is still really short but my temps show that I o'd this month then I might try natural progesterone cream for my lp next month...waiting to see what happens first w/ just the vitex, vitamin b and red raspberry leaf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->