Vitex

Ashtong

Reaction score
Vitex stories anyone? Doseage when to take? Etc

I take Holland and Barrets vitex 400mg capsules. 2 twice a day. 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner. As it says on the back of the bottle. Thats a total of 1600mg a day. I thought that sounded a bit much, but it seems to work for me, so im not messing with it :)
That said, I have read different doses work for different people. So it all depends on how much you're willing to experiment, and how messed up your cycles are.

Its worked wonders for me :)

I take Nature's Way Vitex 2 capsules a day. One in the morning and one in the evening (each are 400 mg).

I had bad endometriosis and long cycles. Not long cycles in a good way at all though...like 3 weeks to ovulate and then a 8 day luteal phase :growlmad:

The first month I started on cd1 (first day of af and had an extremely heavy period. Lots of old brown blood and clots (sorry tmi). Then the same cycle I spotted on cd 13 and was upset because I thought I was having another period and just about through my bottle out the window! On a whim I took used an opk even though it would have been 10-15 days early for my normal ovulation date and what do ya know? two lines staring back at me! I couldn't believe it! I actually was having ovulation spotting which is an excellent fertility sign.

The next cycle I fell pregnant as well as 2 more of the following 4 but lost them all because of my luteal phase defect. Vitex had lengthened it from 8 days to 10 in those few months but I needed extra help quickly which I got with progesterone cream. Unfortunately I finally got a sticky bean but it was in my left tube which was perfectly healthy and my RE still doesn't know why :dohh: Anyway I have my nugget now and know it wouldn't have happened w/o vitex.

Good luck ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->