Vomiting, loose bm and uncontrollable shaking??!!

mama et bebe

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I haven't posted on here for ages, but felt like I needed some advice on this one.

Just before midnight last night I all of a sudden felt like I was gonna throw up, ran to the bathroom where I was sick, about a mouthful then had sudden urge to poo! (Sorry tmi) it was loose. Then my body just started to shake violently. I have only experienced this shaking after giving birth to DD2. Anyway I didn't know what to do with myself so climbed into the shower didn't have it to hot, helped a little but found it so hard to stand cause my legs were shaking so much (I don't have a bath) :( I was then unsettled and still shaking for bout another 10 mins until I violently threw up again, this time a lot!! The shaking then calmed down but didn't stop. I've just woken up it's just before 6am but been awake since 5:15am and can't sleep. Lost some brownish plug yesterday followed by lots of clear plug. So confused as feel okay now. I'm 38weeks 5days. Midwife is coming to me at 9:30am anyway so will obviously ask her. Baby is still moving. But has anyone experienced anything like this at all?! Body preparing for labour? Sorry for the essay!! Thanks x

It sounds like influenza. Did you check for a fever? Im interested to know if you experienced some sort of symptoms due to impending labor. I also thought infection? I know the shaking you are talking about I experienced that with my dd2 as well....from pushing so very hard. The only other time I ever shook like that was when I almost died due to two infections at once. The docs asked if i wanted to talk to a priest for my last rights. Maybe you need bloods drawn? Im glad to know that you are feeling a bit better tho :)

I would think it's a dramatic start to a beautiful labor? Of course ask your midwife... Glad she's coming so soon! Good luck!!

Influenza?! I don't have a clue what that is, but sounds horrible. I don't think it's an infection, as haven't got temp/fever got a bit hot and sweaty when shaking but think that was from being in a big bath towel after showering. Plus I feel okay now, no nausea, pooing urges or shaking, just wide awake!! Had few painful braxton hicks since laying in bed this morning but no other signs of labour. thanks for replies ladies will update once midwife has been.

Yikes, sounds like the flu or something in your system that wanted out asap. Hopefully it means labor is around the corner instead... hope your midwife visit goes well.

Good news. I just looked up the symptoms you had. It did say that involuntary shakes vomiting and loose stools are stages of labor. This could very well be what you experienced. Cant wait for an update.

I am 28 weeks and when I was in the hospital at 26 weeks I had these same exact sudden symptoms about 4 days in (completely unrelated to the reason I was in the hospital) I was very nauseous the next morning and went back to sleep, aftering waking the symptoms were gone and haven't reappeared. I have not went into labor. I have no infection or the flu. when I told my physcian about it the next morning, she asked if I had the shakes with the vomiting and such, I said yes, but thats all she said. I got no explanation or reason why she wanted to know if I had had the shakes. I know this is completely useless information but thought that it could possibly be comforting to know that you are not alone in experiencing these random symptoms....Hope you can get an answer. I'm curious to see what your midwife says. Please keep us updated and Good Luck!

Just had a quick google of the symptoms and came across this:

https://m.birth.com.au/an-outline-o...-labour/some-physical-signs-of-transition#A2H

Sounds similar and if so, looks like you'll be having baby pretty soon! :happydance:

I'm not a doctor or midwife or anything though, so ob insult don't take this as what's happening, you should still get checked out.

Good luck! :-D

I hope all is well and you maybe got some answers :)

https://m.birth.com.au/an-outline-o...-labour/some-physical-signs-of-transition#A2H

Sounds similar and if so, looks like you'll be having baby pretty soon! :happydance:

I'm not a doctor or midwife or anything though, so ob insult don't take this as what's happening, you should still get checked out.

oh my! I had all these symptoms last night!I was getting ready to post something asking questions! I'm only 34 weeks but lo has measured 2+ weeks ahead the ENTIRE time and I've told docs their dates are off but the refuse to change them.
I was sitting in the car for an hour trip and felt like I couldn't get my legs far enough apart to be comfy. I was SO uncomfortable and started moaning and moving in my seat to get comfy but nothing worked. Then I became so nauseous that by the time we stopped I was vomiting everywhere (so gross!) then shaking which I thought was from the vomiting. Then the rest of the night I had the bm and was hot and cold on and off and still uncomfy and nauseous. Finally got some sleep but still nauseous.
isn't it too early? Doesn't the "transition" happen just before the pushing stage or can it happen just before labor actually begins?

Sorry for late update. Not in labour, yet, but midwife thinks I could go tonight or tomorrow. She was disappointed as she's not on call tonight for homebirth and wanted to be there, bless!! She's asked me to cross my legs :haha:

Anyway when I told her she said sounds like my body was definitely having a clear out and the shaking could have been an adrenaline rush or my body being in shock from me just all of a sudden being sick or pooing quite a bit lol. I told her I lost some plug and said it was definitely a show as it was brown and now my plug is coming away clear. Also baby is fully engaged, which is why when I have braxton hicks my bum hurts lol!!

Thankyou all for your replies, guess I'm just gonna have to see what happens now, still losing plug and keep getting lower back ache so fingers crossed!!

oh my! I had all these symptoms last night!I was getting ready to post something asking questions! I'm only 34 weeks but lo has measured 2+ weeks ahead the ENTIRE time and I've told docs their dates are off but the refuse to change them.
I was sitting in the car for an hour trip and felt like I couldn't get my legs far enough apart to be comfy. I was SO uncomfortable and started moaning and moving in my seat to get comfy but nothing worked. Then I became so nauseous that by the time we stopped I was vomiting everywhere (so gross!) then shaking which I thought was from the vomiting. Then the rest of the night I had the bm and was hot and cold on and off and still uncomfy and nauseous. Finally got some sleep but still nauseous.
isn't it too early? Doesn't the "transition" happen just before the pushing stage or can it happen just before labor actually begins?

I have no idea!! But when I had this last night I honestly felt like I was at the end of my labour (nearly ready to push) I didn't have pressure or contractions but the way I felt panicked all of a sudden because my body just wouldn't stop shaking!! Was horrible!

Sounds like could be the start of labor. Just an FYI - influenza is actually a respiratory illness, not gastrointestinal. What we call the "stomach flu" does not actually exist.

Sorry for late update. Not in labour, yet, but midwife thinks I could go tonight or tomorrow. She was disappointed as she's not on call tonight for homebirth and wanted to be there, bless!! She's asked me to cross my legs :haha:

Anyway when I told her she said sounds like my body was definitely having a clear out and the shaking could have been an adrenaline rush or my body being in shock from me just all of a sudden being sick or pooing quite a bit lol. I told her I lost some plug and said it was definitely a show as it was brown and now my plug is coming away clear. Also baby is fully engaged, which is why when I have braxton hicks my bum hurts lol!!

Thankyou all for your replies, guess I'm just gonna have to see what happens now, still losing plug and keep getting lower back ache so fingers crossed!!

Ooh how exciting! Keep us updated, and good luck!

Any updates? I had something similar last night

Hey! No baby yet, still pregnant! Been getting lots of contractions, they start to pick up a regular pattern and the stop! Very frustrating. But I know I'm getting closer each day now so just trying to grit my teeth and take each day as it comes. Hope yours means something though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->