Von Williebrand diesease

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
anyone have or have experience of it?

My GP is convinced I have it and sent off referals, my consultant also feels that thats whats wrong with me.

anyone got experiences? had more children? problems TTC? etc

Thanks

I am a nurse practitoner and know what it is but dont have any experience of suffering with it.

Do you bleed excessively or have heavy periods / nose bleeds etc?

pm or post if you have any questions I can answer for you

I have extremely heavy periods, i have bleed for 9 months, i have hemeorraged several times, my iron levels keep dropping dispite loads of different types of iron.

My bloods were done during labour and several hours after and were the lowest my GP had ever seen in comparision with my pre-birth.

I have bleeding gums, and brusing but no experirence of nose bleeds.

My GP and gyno feel that what it is, and have spoken to a hemoatologist who agrees, although i am waiting for tests to comfirm.

nothing they try seems to slow, reduce or stop the bleeding expect high levels of norethistrone which because of the high does needed and the type of medication they are only allowing me to take for a short course.

I dont really want to google it lol, but wanted to hear experiences of it and any problems it presented for TTC and/or childbirth. presently i want to conceive but obviously due to continous bleeding its impossible, just wanted to share experiences etc.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->