wait a sec...

teamandy

Reaction score
Ok so how does the calculation work...

I had my last period April 25th. I usually have a 28 day cycle.
I tested maybe like...4 days before my next period and it was positive.

Then, I proceeded to have brown spotting for 2 days on the day of my expected period and a darker pregnancy test when I retested.

So what week would I be placed in? I have my calculations at 7 weeks as of today...But I thought the brown spotting was implantation bleeding?...If it was, how come I got a positive test beforehand?

You date your pregnancy from the first day of your last period, until your scan tells you otherwise. Congratulations :)

I'm no expert but brown blood is old blood so maybe it was left over from implantation that happened previously and only just made it's way out?

Implantation is a process that happens over time, not a one off, time definite event. Some women can have implantation bleeding at 5 or 6 weeks. Hope that helps and congrats xx

Yes, according to your LMP you would be exactly 7w0d today
And yes the brown you had was likely implantation that just took longer to come out. Your baby would have implanted at least 3 days before your first BFP ;)

If your periods are pretty regular you should go by your LMP. With my last pregnancy I had spotting and six and seven weeks. I am in the unfortunate position of having to guess my dates as my last LMP was 23rd March (which technically makes me about ten weeks pregnant I think) but I know I'm no more than seven as five weeks ago I took a pregnancy test and it was negative and two weeks ago I took one and it was positive! I have 60 day cycles though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->