Waiting for our house

purple01

Mummy to Ben + Bump
Reaction score
Me and my partner have decided to ttc once we have moved into our new house. We are buying a place but solicitors are taking soooo long. Part of me wants to just start trying now, but I know the sensible thing to do is to wait. Anyone else in same situation?

...or anyone with any wise words? Just feel like we'll be waiting forever :(

Hey hun, I am wtt for a different reason, but certainly been there with the moving house thing! It can be soo stressful I know! You have to chase and chase and chase! I found the solicitors just didn't do anything unless I phoned them to chase - so frustrating.

I hope it all happens for you soon so you can get on with ttc xx

i found buying a house to be really stressful too! but it was so worth it when it was finally over with (we were living in a tiny apartment). we wanted to have a house before we started TTC but we've been living in our house for more than a year now and are finally talking about starting TTC. Good luck to you whenever you decide to start!

We've just bought a house, and we're finally moving in next week. The whole process seemed to take forever, but i think its like one of those things that you want and it doesnt seem to get to you any quicker. OH and I have talked about ttc 2 months after settling in, so I still have a bit of a wait. I just hope he doesnt change his mind and decides to wait longer...

I'm not in that situation - yet. But soon I'll be moving countries and then ooking for somewhere to buy, we are going to start trying as soon as we start house searching so we'll probably be in a similar position.

Thanks for you're replies! Was feeling a bit down about everything last night, but feeling much better tonight :)

We already lost one house so guess im just worried the same thing might happen again & we'll have to wait another 3 + months....but trying to be positive!

Hopefully won't be too much longer!

Keep rining and bugging them about exchanging find out what holding it up.
x

Some progress....our solicitor has had final responses from sellers solicitor and they say hopefully towards the end of next week we should be ready to pay deposit & exchange! Please everyone cross fingers!!!

Good luck with it all. We are in kind of the same situation except that we've already moved into our house, but waiting until we have done it all up before we start ttc. Should hopefully have it all done within a year.

We exchanged and completed on our house today!!! :yipee:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting! We are actually picking up the keys tomorrow morning as OH is away working today.

Perfect timing for the ttc next month :happydance:

Congartulations! you must feel so relieved!

it's a good time to buy house as the property are cheap now.

I know! After a run of bad luck we are so pleased to get the house, we did get it quite a bit cheaper than the asking price. Thought just over a week ago things were going wrong and it's been quite a stressful time. But now everythings worked out okay we feel very lucky!!

We will definately be celebrating tonight! :wine:

Congrats to you!!! I really wanted hubby and I to have a house before TTC but that might not happen - so consider yourself fortunate that you were able to do it now before TTC. Just think of how nice it will be when you DO have a baby. You'll be able to have a nursery and lots of space for your little one!

How exciting! Congratulations! We're just beginning this process, fingers crossed it all goes as smoothly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->