• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Waiting on app from EPU for spotting & cramps

Irish Baby

Reaction score
Started spotting yesterday evening and last night and have been having really bad cramps so my doctor has sent a referral to the epu clinic she said they will give me a scan, could they see any thing at 5 weeks gestation??

Hello,

It's hard to say if they will see anything or not. I know women that have had a scan at 5 weeks and nothing's been seen and then a week and half later they've seen a fetal pole with a heartbeat.

Personally, I had a scan at a fertility appointment earlier this month to see if there was anything abnormal with my uterus and there was a 5 week pregnancy there. We saw in effect, the sac and yolk, but to me it was just a bright circle. I had a follow up scan almost 2 weeks later and saw the fetal pole with the heartbeat etc.

Just go in with an open mind, just because you don't see anything doesn't mean bad news at all. Hopefully you'll see a sac and yolk xxx

P.S: I've had spotting and cramping too and as of now am still pregnant, so there is hope x

Hello,

It's hard to say if they will see anything or not. I know women that have had a scan at 5 weeks and nothing's been seen and then a week and half later they've seen a fetal pole with a heartbeat.

Personally, I had a scan at a fertility appointment earlier this month to see if there was anything abnormal with my uterus and there was a 5 week pregnancy there. We saw in effect, the sac and yolk, but to me it was just a bright circle. I had a follow up scan almost 2 weeks later and saw the fetal pole with the heartbeat etc.

Just go in with an open mind, just because you don't see anything doesn't mean bad news at all. Hopefully you'll see a sac and yolk xxx

P.S: I've had spotting and cramping too and as of now am still pregnant, so there is hope x

Thank you Aleeha :thumbup: love the name btw!
I have been google'ing and as you say some people haven't seen anything much at 5 weeks, I'm really hoping to see something, anything just to tell me things are going along as they should be..
I never had any spotting with my other two pregnancies so this has me worried :shrug:
I probably won't get the app till later on in the week so hopefully the couple of days so hopefully there will be something significant happening in the next couple of days

Xx

https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html <<This link shows week by week what to expect.

Hope the scan goes ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"