Waiting on blood work now...

Jennbug112

Reaction score
Here is my situation. I have the slightest idea when I ovulated this month. I have used Fertility Friend in the past for charting and have a pretty solid baseline as I have a pretty consistent cycle. I basically now only use it to track my expected periods. Some consistencies include: No matter when I ovulate, my LP is 12 days. My entire cycle is between 27 and 29 days long. Right now I am kicking myself for not having continued with my charting because my LMP was on September 28- I am on CD 33 today. My longest cycle ever happened a few years ago and that was 30 days. I have been taking HPTs since Thursday the 25th (which would be CD 28) and with the exception of some generic blue dyes, which I am now pretty sure were evap lines, I have not tested positive at all. I still have one FRER left too. Another issue? I have also not tested with FMU so perhaps that is where my negatives are coming in... I just don't know. I finally said, "screw this" today and paid out of pocked for quantitative blood work which I am now not getting until tomorrow. In the meantime, I found this pretty nifty Implantation simulator on hCG doubling: Implantation Doubling Simulation Calculator | WhenMyBaby

What I have found is that if I implanted on 9DPO (assuming I am indeed pregnant), then it is very likely my levels might be too low to test right now anyhow and, depending on blood test results, I might not show up positive on a HPT until the end of the week, 1 week past when AF was due which seems bizarre to me. So I am definitely caught in limbo right now and can only wait and see.

I’m in the same boat as you today. I didn’t temp this month. I am now on cd29 of a usual 26. All tests negative. I’ve had a bit of spotting but that’s it.

They don’t do blood work in the UK so I have to wait a further two weeks until a doc will check anything. I spotted again last night but nothin this morning. I don’t think I’m pregnant but the limbo is killing me.

Good luck, I hope you get some answers soon

Update: blood work came back and hcg is less than 1 so I am not pregnant. This means I Oed extremely late then . I still have no signs of AF and on CD 34 now. So now I have no clue when AF is to show her ugly face or if and when to test again. I have 2 tests left: 1 FRER and 1 digital. Worst part is, because I haven't been charting for a few months, I am completely lost. Right now my cervix is high, soft, and tilted- it has been this way for a few days. There is little to no CM right now and that's all I'm getting. Even if I start temping tomorrow morning, I don't have the full picture so it wouldn't do anything to help me figure out where I am in my cycle. So frustrating

Ah I’m sorry about the negative result. You can join me in limbo, we can got through this craziness together. I just checked my cervix and it’s really high, so high that I could tell if it was soft or open or closed. I did have brown Cm on my finger but I’ve been having that for 3 days now.

Thanks Nixnax.... I still have no sign of AF coming, no cramping or anything. I looked back on my tracking in the past and even my longest cycle of 30 days, I was spotting a few days before, so there were signs (though at the time I convinced myself that the spotting was implantation bleeding). Cycle day 36 now... based on my average cycle length, I am 8 days late. Took my last FRER and of course nothing. I could fool myself into holding it up in the light a certain way and see something there. I think I'm going to end up buying some bulk internet cheapies and test every morning until either AF arrives or I get a positive. My fear right now is just having no clue what to do or what to expect. I could start AF any day now, but I think what would be worse is if I just expect AF to arrive and dismiss any sort of prenatal planning in the meantime... So I'm still taking folic acid and staying away from alcohol until I know something for sure that gets me back on track.

How frustrating. Fingers crossed for you :)

Oh bless you, I hope you get some answers soon. My AF arrived yesterday. It’s a bit different to normal, light yesterday and heavier today. Normally I just go full blown right away. So many ladies are late this month.

Got my fingers tightly crossed for you

Another update.... according to FF I am 11 days late.... not even going to do the math anymore on how many days late it is from my latest cycle because this is ridiculous. I BDed 3 times this week with my DH and afterwards went to the bathroom expecting it to have triggered AF and nothing. I feel nothing... no cramping, no spotting, no pregnancy signs. I have been checking my cervix at least once a day and for the most part, it's high and tilted, CM is definitely not dry like it would be leading up to AF, in fact it's almost like my body is trying to ovulate again, but one day I will have stretchy CM and the next will be creamy, back to stretchy. I have researched early menopause (I am 34) and other causes of late periods including stress (no more than usual) and hormone imbalances... I had a coworker tell me that I'm doing it to myself but I'm so not.... I think about it first thing in the morning when I go to the bathroom and after sex, but otherwise continue on my day.... I read some forums on other sites of people last week who ended up 3 months pregnant without knowing because all tests came back negative... that seems crazy to me because pregnancy produces hCG- that's how pregnancy tests for.... I do not understand how a pregnancy can be viable unless hCG is being produced and doubled..... after implanation, the embryo does not just sit there in an idle state for two weeks and then start producing hCG. Scientifically, that seems impossible.

Oh no you’re still going through it. It is odd isn’t it?! Really hope something happens soon. Do you temp? I’m just wondering whether ovulation did happen for you?

I have temped in the past but didn't at all this cycle. 18 days late now and counting. Hpts are negative.

Edit: Sorry Nixnax, I typed the response through my phone so am going to go in a bit more detail now. One of the reasons I am so lost is because I haven't temped at all for a few months. I have noticed that about two days following ovulation my nipples get sore and that is through years of tracking, additionally, I tend to get ovulation cramps. So for this "cycle", my nipples were sore for a few days starting on October 14 and I had cramping on October 13-14. CM was also "fertile" at this time. Without temping, I'm pretty sure that I did actually ovulate, but it's confusing because for the past almost 3 weeks now of being late, I've checked my cervix a few times and it's high, soft, and tilted (like during ovulation). My CM through the weeks has been super creamy like it is before ovulation and when I checked my cervix this past Saturday (Nov 10), I had one glob of super stretchy white cm and then it was back to being creamy again. Typical cycles following ovulation are dry and/or tacky CM.

Also, as of November 11, my nipples are sensitive again. ](*,)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->