Waking at night?

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone here wakes up their little ones of a night to BF or do you wait for them to wake up and tell you they are hungry aka Scream the house down?

In the day I am trying to keep a regular routine a little bit more, and waking her from naps. I was waiting till she asked for the milk but it was so erratic a routine the past few days I couldn't get anything done!

I woke my guy up at night every 3-4 hours for about 2 weeks. I nursed during the day every 2-3 hours for quite a few weeks (waking from a nap never even came up, he didn't nap beyond 2 hours), I can't even remember when I stopped. After that 2 weeks, he would sleep anywhere between 3-5 hours, waking himself up to feed. Beyond that he was nursed on demand and still is at almost 11 months. I would do the same for the next one just to make sure the milk supply comes in! Frequency is key in the beginning to establish it.

I've never woken her up, but she has always been a good eater. She was cluster feeding at first, and then has consistently lengthened the time between feedings (thank God! lol) I just nurse on demand and it has been going fine that way. She eats every three hours now, although she will be nice and throw in a 4-5 hour stretch occasionally. Now, if she weren't gaining weight or was sleeping way too long between feedings I would wake her up, but that hasn't been the case. Just do what feels right!

I always fed on demand and never woke. They told us to wake her in the hospital, we did it once and decided never again. She was mad and tired, and all she did was scream and fuss and refuse to latch. She gained weight and was a good nurser so I didn't worry about it. I would express a little if she slept longer than my body was prepared to handle. My supply seemed to handle the long sleep breaks really well. (she would sleep for 3 to 4 hours straight right away but she made up for it by nursing more n the day time)

Thanks all, she is a week and 3 days old so im not too worried yet, she is cluster feeding of an early evening until about ten/eleven pm and then going through till 3, then till 6, she seems to do 3 hours in the mornings too. Just wanted to check and be reassured that she will let me know when she needs it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->