Walk in or A&E?

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
Almost 2 weeks ago I fell into my wrist and didn't notice any particular pain (as I was focusing on the pain from my ankle l that I'd twisted) but as time is going on it's getting worse. It's really painful now - no doubt off using it and it's also very painful to touch.

The bone I think I've damaged is the scaphoid and I've heard that this one is the one that is usually wrongly diagnosed as a sprain.

What would you do? Walk in centre or A&E. I don't want to waste anyone's time but I don't want the walk in to just dismiss it as a sprain if it's not. At the same time I know the only place to get an X-ray is hospital. What would you do?

I'd go to A&E. I fractured a bone in my wrist but didn't realise. The pain rumbled on for 3 weeks and then someone high 5'ed me and it hurt so much I went to the doctor. She sent me for an x-ray just in case, but I had to wait a week as it wasn't an emergency. By the time I got seen and found out it was fractured there was nothing to be done, as the bone had been fixing on its own for a while. I still have weakness there though so it would have been good to get it sorted properly. I wouldn't normally go to A&E for something that wasn't an emergency but its the only way you'll get an x-ray unless your doctor refers you for one quickly.

Doctors or walk in center don't block a & e up. If you did it today then maybe a& e but it's 2 weeks ago the bone will probably have started healing and you will be taking up space in a&e

I'd probably go to a walk in place first and see what they think, if they think it's broken they'll send you to A&E.

I would go to walk in center first-Hope you feel better soon.

xxx

Gp. Its not an emergency so no a&e.

The a&e at the hospital I work at won't see you if your injury is more than 48 hrs old so definitely walk in

I forgot about this thread in the time it took me to get showered :dohh:

I went to A&E which was thankfully very quiet, they xrayed me and found a damaged area but because of the location of the bone they aren't 100% sure. Also it was 2 weeks ago so for scaphoid injuries it was the right time to be more likely to see an injury. They said I done the right thing going in....

Got a splint on now and have to go back in the morning for re-examination, possibly CT scan and they'll decide to put a cast on it or not.

Ta for the advice ladies :) even though I forgot :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"