Walkers

luckyme225

Reaction score
Just curious as to what age you start using walkers at? Thanks ladies :)

Colton started using his about 1.5 mo ago. He uses it everyday now and is getting better and better.

I thought for some reason that walkers weren't safe anymore? Maybe they have come up with some new innovative walkers and have fixed the safety problem. Michael started using his jumparoo at 2 months...and he started walking at 10.5 months.

I thought for some reason that walkers weren't safe anymore? Maybe they have come up with some new innovative walkers and have fixed the safety problem. Michael started using his jumparoo at 2 months...and he started walking at 10.5 months.

Why were they saying they weren't safe? Maybe we will just stick with his jumperoo then...

I've heard they weren't because they can fall down stairs and stuff. To that, I say block the stairs.

yeah walkers here are illigal because they are a safety risk...can only use an excersaucer. Can't wait til Angelynn starts to walk :)

i used a walker for carly , but wont for ella only because there is no room to use it :lol:
Seems everything comes with a saftey risk these days but there still selling in shops and most people ( i know ) have them so cant be all that bad!

common sence not to leave LO alone anyway so nothing can happen if your eye is on baby incase LO speeds off somewhere !

Anyway to answer your question i started around 6 months and carly took her first steps at 9 months and walking by 10!

Dec was in his walker from 31/2 months he was able to move it by 41/2 months, but I took him out of it at 7 months when he started to crawl, now he is walking at 101/2 months

I've heard they weren't because they can fall down stairs and stuff. To that, I say block the stairs.

They can tip up too on fireplaces etc...also babies can reach higher and drag things on top of themselves:cry:

I don't like them but admittedly have used them at baby groups in big halls etc

5 months.
supervised...of course ;)

They're illegal in Canada sadly. But my mom brought me one from the states for Drake when he was a baby and I use it. More for an excersaucer than anything because it has brakes and can stay in one place. Drake never liked to to *walk/run* in it and Isis has only managed to move it a couple of feet :lol:. Around 4-5 months should be ok to let them try it out.

I think they're fine as long as they're watched while in them.

Apparently though, when I was a baby I'd zoom around the whole house. My grandma would have to tie it to the kitchen table while she did stuff or I'd take off for the door when someone came in :rofl:

I used mine from 6 months as suggested on the box.

However we have one of these V-Tech Walker things (pic below) which says from 9 months and she's had the 2 weeks now and is now able to walk most the way across the room using it. :happydance:

https://www.mybbstore.com/webshaper/pcm/pictures/Vtech/VT_BBVT61763_n.jpg

**EDIT** We have carpet though not wood floor otherwise I doubt i'd have given her it so early. They have no grip what so ever on the wheels.

I think maybe sticking with a jumperoo would be a good idea. Although I don't know anyone that has had anything crazy happen with their walkers, they must be illegal in other countries for a reason! I really think they help with walking early too!

My MIL just bought Jack a walker, but he is too small for it yet - they are aimed for 6mth+ - we tried him in it as he is quite a big baby & he is very strong with his legs & neck, but he fell forward in the seat when placed in it. The one she bought has a ton of grip on the underneath, so it hardly moves on carpet when we are trying to move it without a baby in, so I very much doubt a baby could do much damage with it! It would probably move a lot more on wooden / laminate flooring though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->