Walking and Braxton Hicks

Farmgirlalee

Reaction score
At my last appointment my doctor asked if I was getting any exercise in. I honestly told him not much due to working a desk job and then having to be home taking care of kids when I am not working. I do a little walking but really- not much.

He told me he would like to see me getting more exercise in. Well just in time for my daughter to start soccer and I am lugging around soccer equipment in a wheeled cart and walking all over the place.

With my first pregnancy I was on my feet all day and I didn't really get much braxton hicks action and my labor had to be induced. Now when I walk muscles cramp up and I am getting all sorts of braxton hicks contractions. They get pretty intense sometimes and I have to stop walking and catch my breath. Even short walks can bring it on. Any one else having this issue? I am so so so ready to be done with this pregnancy. It wasn't as bad as my first pregnancy but I am more uncomfortable with this one or maybe I just don't remember being uncomfortable like this during my first. By the time August rolls around I can't imagine how ready I will be for labor if I am already getting sick of pregnancy! LOL

I'm getting them really often. Every time I'm walking around or bend down or do something other than lie down basically :haha:
I was starting to get worried as ds1 was premature and these bh feel exactly the same as when my labour started with him, but they go away when I rest.
I'm with you, I'm not sure how I'll cope with them til August as I'm sure they'll get even stronger too!

I'm just glad we only have two more soccer weekends! That take it out of me bad! I am planning on getting there half an hour before warm up just so I can walk slower!

I always get tons of BHs when I do a good amount of walking, especially in the last weeks of pregnancy. I always swear it will bring on labor when I'm around my due date, but it never does. haha

Keep up with the exercise, but go ahead and keep resting as needed. I push a stroller, even when my kids don't need it, so I have something to lean on when I get tired. You might look silly pushing a stroller with no baby/toddler nearby, though. HAHA!!! You'll get fitter with the increased amount of walking and will stop being AS tired doing it, and also, when we get to the end, it just kinda feels like we're helping to walk the baby out, although it's probably not true at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->