Walking Causes Cramps?

Genevevex

Reaction score
This is baby number 3, and I am running into something new that I didn't have with my previous two. The past couple of weeks it seems like any time I do a lot of walking (say, grocery shopping), I end up having really severe cramps. Like, wanting to curl up on the floor in a ball because it hurts type of cramps. Once I sit down for a little bit and relax, they ease up and go away. But until then, I am in a lot of pain.

I have been trying to take it easy and not do a lot of walking because of it, but it has me a bit worried. I never had this sort of problem with my previous two; I would get tired out easily, but I wouldn't start cramping. I'm only 21 weeks!

I used to find a lot of activity would cause braxton hicks, could that be it?

Hydration issue? A belly band helps me with the load when walking a lot. That reduces the mild cramping I get from walking (often while holding a toddler).

I am only 19 weeks and get BH contractions when I do a lot but it isn't painful just uncomfortable and tight. They say BH contractions shouldn't be painful although mine certainly were later on in pregnancy in my other pregnancies. BH often get stronger earlier with each pregnancy so it could be that, possibly combined with ligament pain or a pulled muscle but seeing as it is that painful and you are only 21 weeks maybe you should get checked or ring your MW about it?

I've been trying my best to stay hydrated, especially in the hot weather we've been having (a "cool weather" temperature for today puts the heat index at 102F... it's been running at 110F lately). I don't go outside a whole lot unless I have to, and have been making sure to drink a lot.

I have another appointment a week from today, so I guess I will just take it easy until then and make sure to ask about it. It wouldn't be so bad if the cramps weren't so painful! It feels like this little girl is lying really low this time around, too, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->