Walking to school

Layla

Reaction score
Im not letting Charlie walk back from school anymore, even tho i can see her.

Ethan came home with a letter today, one kids from the school up the road was nearly taken by a man in a black 4 by 4. now thinking about the times chrlie walked home is giving me shivers!

So no way am i letting them walk anywhere without me now, cant belive how bad things have got, years ago you could walk about and leave your house unlocked, not anymore :(

xx

That's awful Layla, i don't blame you. I wouldn't let mine out of my sight either. Its a sad reflection of the times. Having said that a few months ago, DH took DS to school, was a bit harrassed not only did he forget tolock the front door, he left it wide open:dohh: Luckily we weren't burgeled, imagine explaining that to the insurance company.

Is every parents nightmare having a child abducted, it seems more common now. You want togive your kids some independence but how when the streets seem so unsafe. I remember the dilema you had in the first place about her walking to school.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: the world is getting crueler by the day

i rememeber when i was younger we were aloud miles away to play but now your scared to let your kids in teh garden to play :(

i dont blame you hun one little bit and im sure everyone elses parents will be the same!! i hope they catch the man asap!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

If its any reasurance statistics show that the number of case of child abduction and attacks on children has not actaully increased in the last 20 years. The problem has been that the media sensationalise these stories in the news more, so we are lead to believe it happens more and our children are less safe, in the name of 'exciting' journalism! Like if you have noticed over the last few years images on the news have become increasingly graphic when they never used to be. As a result we end up becoming more and more protective of your children and less trusting in others and society is being increasingly secular.

I think its just a case of making sure you child knows basic safety like not talking to strangers and stuff.

It is scary but Cat is right, the crime rate hasn't increased at all, its just that more crmes are reported and detected and the media tend to dramatise it.

Saying that though I agree with that it happening so close to home is scary. Hopefully now that the man has been reported he will get caught soon.

i just dont want to take any chances, i battled for a long time about letting walk home from school and i let her do it even tho it was agaisnt my better judgement, i dont think shes old enough.

And now with this and little maddie, it just goes to show how easy it can be, even if they are taught not to talk to strangers etc.

xx

its all fair and well telling your kids not to talk to strangers, but theres always teh off chance tht the stranger cud catch them out, i know if someone in teh street said to me....

ive lost my dog could you help me look for him....

id help, this isnt cos im stupid its cos id feel bad if i said no!!!

TBH layla i don't blame you on holiday i wouldn't let either of us even stand outside the tent when maddie sleeping!! or go to the car which was parked next to it!

Its frightening whats happening ... media speculation or not its still happening, you might always say it can never happen to you but every parent who goes through it prob said the same!

Air on the side of caution layla i would
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back