wanna cry-kids grow up too quick!

Lizzie K

mom to four boys
Reaction score
My oldest is starting kindergarten this year. We got the paperwork from his school today with his teacher's name, supply list, and uniform dress code. I feel so bad because my little boy is growing up so fast. My other two will also be starting head start/pre-k. I will only have one little one at home. (and there will be a couple weeks where I won't even have one until LO is born) They are all so excited about starting school. :cry: I miss them already.

aww, my son starts school in September too. I'm a little terrified! Getting the uniform list and all the info in the post is really scary. I felt quite emotional!

Aww I know. It goes far to quickly. My eldest started school last Sept and I'd still rather he was at home with me more. My youngest is starting play-school this September and I know I'm going to be really sad when she starts. I love having them home with me.

Ah hun I know the feeling, I cried when my youngest started school - but she loves it and that's the main thing xx

Always bittersweet... our oldest just turned 15 the same day our LO turned 8mos... it's amazing and wonderful watching them grow and learn. But I want to put them in a bubble sometimes and keep them small!!! Maybe we'll be ready for another when our LO goes to High School-- LOL-- doubt my ovaries will though! ;)

It does go way too quickly. My DD starts high school in two years and she still feels like my little baby............. DS starts nursery class the same year as DD starts high school, so I am gonna be super stressed with all of that going on........

I am so glad I'm not the only one. I think my biggest problem is they will all be starting at once. Our original plan was to home school, but DH is having a hard time finding a job that pays a living wage, so I am going to to back to school and get my phlebotomy certification once the new baby is about 6 weeks old.

To me time is my biggest enemy every seems to go so quick, my oldest was 10 in March I just dont know where time goes

Aw hun, my middle son is 4 and starting school in september, my youngest is 2 and does 2 mornings a week at pre-school. My eldest is 6 and been at school almost 2 years. Its so sad seeing them grow and I miss them so much. I just hope I hurry up and get pregnant now so that when my youngest goes 5 morning a week I'm not lonely LOL

My son recently went away with his school for 2 nights. (Brave school taking year 2s away!) I was in floods of tears dropping him off and I kept wailing "But he's still a baaaaabyyyyyy" lol I think we all go through pangs when we see them growing up. On the other hand, when they're being a nightmare I can't help but think "Damn I can't wait until they grow up!" :p

My son recently went away with his school for 2 nights. (Brave school taking year 2s away!) I was in floods of tears dropping him off and I kept wailing "But he's still a baaaaabyyyyyy" lol I think we all go through pangs when we see them growing up. On the other hand, when they're being a nightmare I can't help but think "Damn I can't wait until they grow up!" :p

Yesterday, the older two were being nightmares. It was really hot and they were all sunburned, so I didn't take them outside. I kept thinking that I couldn't wait for school to start.

ah im so with you!! my son is 5 and is going into yr 1 in sept and its breaking my heart.
he went on a school trip last wk to the farm, his first trip, i couldnt go and i almost had palpitations at the thought of him going without me. luckily a friend was going so had him in her group.

im terrible. hes just had his hair cut like justin beiber too and looks so grown up. to me he will always be my baby and i often struggle at the thought of him growing up. thankfully though he is growing into a fantastic child, hes well mannered, polite, kind and loving. makes me so proud.

i couldnt cope with him going on an actual trip with the school.

I know right, it's crazy! I mean like it feels like only yesterday.. that they were.. Small! God I remember their first days of school. My kids are 18,17,14 & 12 now!! They grow up so fast, but hopefully in the near future we'll have a new little one as my wife and I are TTC! My youngest is starting secondary school this coming August, my 14 year old is doing her junior cert this year, and the older two will get their leaving cert results and head off to college. Just today I overheard my 17 year old, my oldest girl talking to my wife about sex.. is she having sex, I don't know?? My wife won't tell me... but yikes (I swear she has the magic touch, somehow she's like their best friend, and she gets all the gossip, whereas my ex and I are left in the dark)!! God I wish I could reverse time! They grow up WAY WAY WAY too quickly! Just wait until the teenage years my friends, just you wait and see..!!!

i pity my son when hes a teen, i will be rididculous over him. ill be the mam waiting outside the nightclub with his pizza, the one fussing when his mates come over, and the one grilling the girl he brings home.

ill leave the twin girls to his dad, if they think finn will have it bad, theyll be in for a shock cos they wont even be allowed out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->