Wanna follow my crazy story...

Hope16

Reaction score
Wanna follow my crazy story...

Jan 13- IUI

Jan 19- Home pregnancy test (clear blue)- BFN

Jan 20th- pregnancy blood test- POSITIVE HCG only 5.75
(anything over 5 indicates pregnancy but it's extremely low)

Jan 21st- bleeding bright red- sorta like a period, not as heavy, but way way more than implantation spotting. I've been bleeding all day.

Jan 22nd- second pregnancy blood test- HCG 17. Still bleeding.
(if HCG doubles within 48 hours it's considered a viable pregnancy)

Jan 31st- third pregnancy blood test- waiting on results....still bleeding though

I hope that the bleeding ends up being something relatively minor and that you have a healthy and happy 9 months ahead of you!

I am no longer bleeding bright red. Last night it was dark brown and this morning there was no more blood.

Maybe good sign?

The nurse called....

my hcg went from 17 to 42 however my progesterone is a 2. That is terrible and most likely an indicator this pregnancy is either ectopic or implanted abnormally in the uterus.

The doctor wants me in Friday morning for more bloodwork to see if my hcg doubles again or starts to drop. If they don't double we have to determine whether we do a D&C (if it is in my uterus) or that methotrexate shot to clear it out of my tube.

The nurse didn't seem to think this will turn out to be a healthy pregnancy at all. I have the worst fertility luck. Only positive is I'm not bleeding anymore.

Hang in there! There is still hope for you and your LO. <3

I don't know anything about IUI, but I'm confused. Your hCG has more than doubled but your progesterone is really low, are you using progesterone supplements? If not, isn't this an option for you?

@happycupcake..... yes they started me on progesterone suppositories. After my IUI, I went in for bloodwork to confirm the trigger shot worked and that I ovulated. Once that's confirmed, I started taking 200mg of progesterone.

I don't know if I messed things up or if it's just a ill fated pregnancy. Let me explain...

I took a HPT on 1/19/18 and got a BFN so I didn't take the progesterone that evening. But then my bloodwork came back as a BFP the next day so I took the progesterone supplement. Then I woke up Sunday bleeding bright red blood so I assumed it was my period and didn't take my progesterone. We did another round of blood work to get a baseline to start my next round of IUI and my beta came back positive AGAIN and doubling. (Believe me, my doctor is just as confused as I am)...so I took my progesterone that evening. My third round of blood work showed my beta doubled again but my progesterone is super low. I'm not sure if it's my fault from taking the supplement every other day. I feel really guilty about it but honestly I am just so confused!

I went in this morning for ANOTHER round of blood work. The doctor or nurse should call me anytime later this afternoon to tell me the results and what the best course of action should be.

Good news is I stopped bleeding. I bled from Sunday - Wednesday evening.
No cramps, no pain. Just the normal tired and lightheaded feeling.

Best case scenario would be my progesterone jumps up and my HCG numbers finally reach in the 100s. (they went from 5.75, 17, 42)

Worst case would be if my numbers stop climbing then we have to figure out where it may have implanted and what procedure is required to remove the poorly implanted embryo.

Fingers crossed for good news!

Got the call from the nurse...she said my pregnancy is progressing! But I am still on ectopic watch.

my HCG went from 42 to 133.5!
my progesterone went from 2 to 8!

I go back for more bloodwork Monday to see if my number continues to double and if my progesterone rises. I was instructed to keep taking my progesterone supplements.

If everything goes well Monday, I might be able to have an ultrasound Friday. Then we can rule out if it's ectopic or in my uterus.

Firstly that's a lovely update!
Whatever the reason for your lower progesterone it isn't your fault. I think I would be tempted to ask to increase to 2x 200mg daily, spread across 12 hours because progesterone starts to drop at around 12 hours. Also, the pessaries won't reflect in your bloods because they don't work that way, so your bloods will come back as what you are making on your own as far as I understand it. The pessaries are to help support pregnancy as a top up on your own levels, but after a lot of Googling I have read that they don't show in blood work.
It's important to use them the whole time you know you're pregnant and it's progressing, until possibly 12 weeks. I know you missed one but I wouldn't panic about it. You didn't cause the bleeding because you didn't use it as it started anyway.
Early pregnancy bleeds don't just have to be light or spotting, sometimes they are heavier and more like a period, and things can still be fine.
It's good they're keeping an eye on you, but it looks as if things are progressing normally, but I would definitely ask about increasing progesterone. I think it's only the injections that show up in your blood

I think that sounds like a good idea. With my DS I had to take 2 suppositories daily. I wonder why they haven't advised me to do that yet. I went this morning for another round of blood work to check my HCG levels. The nurse usually calls me in the late afternoon. If all is still going well, I will ask her about doubling up on them. Thank you for easing my worries about the bleeding. I've been desperately trying to find personal stories of women who bled and went on to have successful pregnancies.

I hope your results return good :)
Lots of women experience bleeds of all kinds early on and things are fine. Usually there isn't an obvious cause

Got the call....it wasn't good news.

My beta only went from 133.5 to 165.4
So it stopped doubling. I have to go for an ultrasound Friday to find out if it's in my tube or uterus and then figure out if we need to do a D&C or that methotrexate shot.

So bummed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->