Wanna follow my crazy story...

Thanks for the support ladies. As sad as I am, my doctor warned me after the first beta result of 5.75 that the number was extremely low and was likely an abnormal pregnancy. So I was cautiously pregnant, trying not to get my hopes up too much.

But then there was that slight glimmer of hope that it might actually be viable.

I really hope it's not in my tube. That methotrexate shot is a chemotherapy drug and can cause birth defects. Apparently it depletes your folic acid which is really important for pregnancy. Everything I've read says to wait 3 months before trying to conceive again. That's the devastating part.

Yeah I have read the same on methotrexate. I really hope it isn't anywhere else, I hope that you can move on soon. I'm so very sorry :hugs:

just lurking. Sorry to hear :( FX for all good things.

Hey ladies ... thanks to anyone who still might be following along. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound today. The doctor said there was nothing in my uterus and my lining was a 2. So no need for a D&C. However there was a mass inside my right fallopian tube. It could be a blood clot left over from the bleed I had two weeks ago. The only way to tell if this mass is still an embryo is to see what my beta levels are doing. Last Monday they stalled out at 165. Today they came back at 90 which is a good sign it's potentially resolving itself.

I had a choice- either come back today and get the methotrexate shot to abort whatever might be lingering. Then I can't conceive for 3 months in order to avoid birth defects. Or come back sunday for bloodwork and ultrasound. They want to see if my numbers drop significantly again and to measure the mass. If it's shrinking or dissolved completely that's a good sign it's resolving on its own and not a risk of rupture.

I chose to wait until Sunday. I am so scared of needles and I really think it might be resolving on its own. Plus I don't want to inject myself with a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. All of that scares me.

Do you think I've made the right choice?

Hey ladies ... thanks to anyone who still might be following along. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound today. The doctor said there was nothing in my uterus and my lining was a 2. So no need for a D&C. However there was a mass inside my right fallopian tube. It could be a blood clot left over from the bleed I had two weeks ago. The only way to tell if this mass is still an embryo is to see what my beta levels are doing. Last Monday they stalled out at 165. Today they came back at 90 which is a good sign it's potentially resolving itself.

I had a choice- either come back today and get the methotrexate shot to abort whatever might be lingering. Then I can't conceive for 3 months in order to avoid birth defects. Or come back sunday for bloodwork and ultrasound. They want to see if my numbers drop significantly again and to measure the mass. If it's shrinking or dissolved completely that's a good sign it's resolving on its own and not a risk of rupture.

I chose to wait until Sunday. I am so scared of needles and I really think it might be resolving on its own. Plus I don't want to inject myself with a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. All of that scares me.

Do you think I've made the right choice?

The right choice is the choice that feels best to you. And it sounds like that's the route you took (and the one I would also have chosen, personally, as I try to be as low-intervention as possible).

I'm with Dill, I would definitely have decided to wait it out too

I would have done the same thing as you.

thank you ladies...I think we don't give out bodies enough credit to do what it knows to do....I am hoping they drop to at least 50 by Sunday. I will keep you guys posted on how I make out.

hope you all are doing better than I am lol

It is crazy what our bodies can do and how they know what to do. AF got me today, but I guess I should be happy to try my next cycle because it will be a GOOD accurate cycle. This cycle was our first cycle TTC and I screwed up my cycle by taking my first week of BCP before we decided to TTC. Threw my body off. AF is here today, but a week early.

I hope everything works out LeeMcMee!

Are you using OPKs or temping??

I think you made a great choice. No need for medical intervention unless you have to!

I’m sorry again that this happened and wish you luck for the future!

I hope everything works out LeeMcMee!

Are you using OPKs or temping??

Thank you! This was my first cycle and I was only using OPKs, but didn't think of it till like week 2. This month was just all screwy lol but now I will be using OPKs and trying temping, see how that goes. Is your temp supposed to go up at O? I have never tried temping before cuz we have never TTC.

My numbers jumped from 90 to 190 so I was advised yesterday that I need to come in for the shot. They took my height, weight, temperature and blood pressure. I go back at noon and we will discuss the hcg levels and I will get the shot.

I woke up this morning and was bleeding again. I have tension on my left side which is weird because the ectopic mass is on my right side. I am a ball of emotions. Angry, sad, overwhelmed, scared. My husband just doesn't understand because it's not happening to him. He gets to be a spectator from the sidelines and I am the one that has to get poked for blood draws and get pumped with hormones. Now I have to get another big needle full of a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. Plus I hate the idea of waiting another 3 months to try again. I am going to be 36 years old this August so a part of me feels like I'm racing the clock. It just seems so unfair.

I’m so sorry! I’m not sure men will ever get it!

thanks ladies...

the shot wasn't too bad. they had to break the dose down into two needles, so I got one in each butt cheek. I iced my butt beforehand so I didn't feel a thing. I had a mini anxiety attack in the waiting room. my nerves are shot from so much worry. I'm glad this is almost all behind me. I have to go Friday for blood work to check my hcg level. today it was 130. hopefully by Friday it's cut by half.

I am so sorry! I hope the MTX shot works for you! I had an ectopic 9 years ago and had to do the shot, it does get better, you’ll be surprised at how quickly your body can handle itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->