want do u think is the best?

vicky9207

Reaction score
well ladies:hi: what do u think is the best Contraception? i had my baby 3weeks ago n have started thinbking about Contraception

yea im a relli bad speller lol :blush::blush::blush:

thanks 4 spottin tat

Abstinence, I'm beginning to think that's the only one that really works.

OK joking aside, I think the best one I used was the iud. You just need to keep a good check on the tiny threads that hang by your cervix. You can't feel them unless you search for them. Checking once a week is enough, but is a must. I didn't check mine and it dislodged and I knew nothing about it until I got pregnant. If I'd checked it regular I'd have noticed.

I think that there is no simple answer to this question, because what might be a geat choice of contraceptive for one person, might not be ideal for another.
-You need to consider your medical history, how your long term fertility may be affected, how long the contraceptive is effective for, success/ failure rates and possible side effects before making a decision as to the best contraceptive for you individually.

Firstly are you breastfeeding? - If so certain types of pill won't be suitable.

If you don't want to have to take a daily pill, then the pill may not be right for you.

Other options are the Coil (IUD), The Injection (Lasts 3 months), An Implant (Implanon), patches, condoms, femidoms, a diaphram.....etc....But all of these have pros and cons.

I would suggest making an appointment with at your GPs and get a family planning appointment with a nurse to discuss your options. I did this and after weighing up the pros and cons I decided to have the Implant, which lasts for 3 years. I've only had it in for a few days, so I can't comment on any side effects really, but so far i've had no problems.

I currently am on Alesse as I have not been breastfeeding. I'd used it before becoming pregnant and it worked great. Once I stopped using the pill, my cycle remained the same and got pregnant the 3rd month trying. I figure this is a fine method for me. I thought about the Depo-Provera injection but was told you may stop having your period altogether which isn't something I'm interested in. As RachieH mentions, there are many pros and cons to consider. Whatever works best for you! :)

I had an implant put in my arm and that was great for me, because I was always useless at remembering to take my pill. And also you only get 2-3 periods a year. The procedure is a bit uncomfortable though, the implant stays in your arm 4 years (I think) and once it comes out it takes a while for you to return to your normal cycle again, so if you were thinking of having another baby in the future, this might not be the best kind of contraception because of the long wait you might have in TTC.

Its different for everyone, but that was great for me :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->