Want to ask for maternity leave at 32 weeks?

kaysolid

Reaction score
Searching for some advice! I’m 32+1 and I really do feel miserable at times. I work a job where I stand on my feet all shift, about 8 hours at a time. Walk a good bit, bend, stoop, go up and down stairs etc. I’ve been suffering with borderline high blood pressure here lately (140/85 sometimes a lil higher or lower) some cramping, back aches etc. I mentioned it to my doctor last Appointment but she said it’s normal to feel this way. . But I literally can’t take the physical work anymore. Idk what to do because I can’t make my doctor sign me out of work but my work won’t accommodate my pregnancy so I’m kinda lost at this point. Someone help ftm by the way.

Hi and welcome to BabyandBump! :)

I would ask for the maternity leave early as it sounds like you are very uncomfortable :hugs:

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling rubbish and that you're work aren't accommodating you. Can I ask if they have completed a risk assessment for you in your role? It's a requirement for all UK work places and should take into account your specific employment requirements and what they will do to assist you as you're pregnancy progresses...

I know that isn't what you asked but thought it worth mentioning.

Anyway, have you any holiday allowance left? I would probably finish when I could and try to relax and rest during the rest of your time - can you take any remaining holiday time and run it straight in to your mat leave?

Do what you need to do, don't let your work get you down at this time - Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->