want to make wipes

Reaction score
hi, im completely new to cloth nappies and would love to make some wipes, are they just fleece and do you just use water to clean babs with?
any help would be massive.
x :thumbup:

Personally, I find fleece is pretty useless as it just seems to smear. Flannel is pretty good as is bamboo. We used to use cooled chamomile tea or rooibos to clean her with, but now I just use water, unless she's teething (nasty poo!). Good luck!

I agree that fleece is useless. There's a reason fleece is used as a liner in cloth nappies - because poo doesn't stick to it and it doesn't absorb wee, whereas I want the poo to stick to a wipe and for it to absorb water/wee off LO's bum! My personal favourites for wipes are organic bamboo velour on one side and bamboo fleece on the other. I also like wipes that are terry on one side (good for scrubbing!) and polyester fleece on the other. I know I said that fleece is rubbish for wipes, but if you have it on one side it stops the wee/runny poo soaking straight through to your hand!

I actually find fleece on one side and towelling/flannel on the other works great, I dont find fleece useless at all, different things work for different people :thumbup:

I use a spray bottle with camomile, almond oil and a drop of tea tree or lavender oil in :D

What size are cloth wipes normally??

I'm planning on making some up as well, but I'm not sure how big I'd need them, would 8 inch squares be big enough??

Do them whatever size you want to use, Ive got small ones for just wet nappy changes and big ones for big mess :haha:

fleece is useless if you use a solution! i use foam so i have some fleecy ones that are good for wee but for poo or for use with chamomile tea (when he is sore ie teething) they are as useful as a chocolate teapot (thats rachel_c's :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->