want to tell my daughter I'm pregnant but..

musicmomma

Reaction score
I literally can not wait to tell my almost 7 year old she's going to have another sibling. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this pregnancy now but I would hate to tell her and then god forbid something awful happen and have to explain it to her. What do you ladies think? I'm 6 weeks today with number 3!

I told my 4 year old dd this week. I'm almost 12 weeks and have had scans and have Doppler to check hb from home. This is also our third. I wouldn't say anything before 11 weeks but that's me.

My 5 yo DD is desperate for a sibling, she's been talking about her baby sister for months now and keeps asking when her baby sister is coming. My plan is to tell her when it becomes noticeable, so hopefully not before the 12 week scan. I don't want to tell her any sooner in case something goes wrong, but also because she's a little chatterbox and would tell absolutely everyone lol!

Not sure how she'd feel if it was a baby brother instead, she's forever on about her sister!!:)

We are telling family on xmas so maybe day before as be confusing for her ( 3 1/2 yr old) if all talking about her being a big sis.... Scan is few days after so hope to bring her in so she can see fingers x all goes well :)

But other days not sure until scan... Told parents last time at 9 weeks

We've told ours. Even if the worst were to happen she'd know we were upset. She's very mature and knows there are no guarantees of babies at this point

I can't wait to tell either but will definitely wait until after scan. When we had our mmc in the summer I was so pleased I hadn't told them - I almost brought them to the scan but decided not to at the last moment- I will be leaving them with Grandparents again this time X

When I miscarried last year at 13.5 weeks I was SO thankful I hadn't shared the news with our then 3 year old. Thankfully we knew around 11 weeks there could be an issue because otherwise we were planning to tell her at 12 weeks. This time around we are waiting until all test results are in whenever that may be. (I'm 38 so we have the blood screens, nuchal translucency and NIPT)

Tell me about it!!! My daughter has literally been crying for months for a baby sister. Found out Friday I'm expecting again, canter wait to tell her but praying it's what she wants. Don't know how she will react if it's another boy. But whichever way he/she will b loved.

My daughter is baby mad and soooo desperate to be a big sister. She doesn't mind if it's a boy or girl, she just wants to change a nappy and have cuddles. She is a proper mother hen, and I think she secretly cannot wait to have someone to boss around and play make believe with.
I am going to wait until we have a scan though, in theory. Can't gaurentee my silence for that long

My sister had a mc at 8 weeks after telling her then-8-year-old. His heart was so broken that I decided not to tell my kids until I felt pretty positive the pregnancy was going to be okay. However, this being my 4th pregnancy, my oldest (he's just 3) knew right away that Im expecting. I think I was 3 weeks along the first time he told me he couldn't wait to have another baby, and when I was 6 weeks along, he asked when we were gonna go see the baby Doctor. Hahaha. I can't keep it a secret because he knows me so well and has so much experience with my pregnancies!!! So, thankfully, I'm 25 weeks along now, but it was a very scary first trimester, not wanting to break his little heart. I would have waited until the anomaly scan if I could have gotten away with it. I didn't announce to anyone but very close family before my 20-week scan! It made it more exciting, and being that it's my fourth, it takes a lot more to get people excited with me. Lol

I can't wait to tell our 3 year old. He asks me most days when I'm going to 'grow' him a baby! I thought about telling him after our scan an 8 weeks but actually 7 months is a very long time when you're a child. SIL is also expecting and she told her 8 year at 12 weeks, she's 22ish weeks now and her daughter is sooo impatient already! I imagine if we'd told Micah by now he'd be tearing his hair out with the waiting! We'll probably tell him after the 12 week scan anyway because we plan to announce to other people and I don't want him to hear it from anyone else.

I told my 8 year old I was pregnant at 7 weeks in the summer and I sadly mc at 10 weeks and I was devastated and couldn't tell her and break her heart like mine was and hearing her so excited about it just made it all worse :(
I'm now 7 weeks again and hoping for a sticky bean luckily my daughter is quite patient.

i have a scan today at 6+4 but will wait until christmas when ill be 12 weeks to tell her. she told me the other day that there was a baby in my tummy and she was so excited that father christmas was making her wish come true. she has been talking about real babies and father christmas bringing her one for months.

We're planning to tell our boys 8,4 and 2 on Christmas Eve (we are also telling grandparents and siblings then too). We've always hold early 6-7 weeks, we've had early losses but this time I just want to do it differently as this will be our last

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->