WANTED: Bump Buddies :) Due 29th April 2013

Geme26

First time Mummy
Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies :)

I found out on Tuesday that we are expecting our first baby after ttc for 5 cycles. We are over the moon :happydance: :cloud9:

We saw the dr Thursday to get the ball rolling. Our first midwife appointment will be at around 10 weeks, but until then it's just a waiting game...once again

I estimate our due date of 29th April 2013...anyone share this due date? Or around then?
It would be so nice to go through the next 8 months together, share symptoms and experiences etc :)

Wishing a healthy and happy pregnancy to all :flower: xx

I found out on Tuesday that we are expecting our first baby after ttc for 5 cycles. We are over the moon :happydance: :cloud9:

We saw the dr Thursday to get the ball rolling. Our first midwife appointment will be at around 10 weeks, but until then it's just a waiting game...once again

I estimate our due date of 29th April 2013...anyone share this due date? Or around then?
It would be so nice to go through the next 8 months together, share symptoms and experiences etc :)

I found out I'm pregnant last Sunday, and I am due on May 1. I would love a bump buddy.

Hi Geme26 and LoveSeel

I will be due either Apr 29th or May 1st.

Have you been getting much in the way of symptoms?
Mine so far -
-twinges/niggles and pulling/stretching sensations
-sore boobs
-tired (napping all the time)
-few mood swings
-eating less (but hungry more often)
-lower back ache
-increased sense of smell
-can't regulate my temperature very well. One minute sweaty then got goosebumps.

I have finally got my :bfp: after almost 3 years trying and our first IVF ICSI cyle. My symptoms above are really easy to cope with and I want reassurance of some nausea or vomiting. Feel unsure having it so easy. Keep wondering if everything is ok. Do I make sense?

:hugs2:

Hi Tryandwish,

You have a lot more symptoms than me, but I have a few.

My boobs being sore are my biggest symptom. They've hurt since last Friday. Mostly they hurt if there is pressure on them, so they don't hurt every second of the day.

On Tuesday I had weird pains and cramping in my ovaries and uterus, and over the last few days it has become much less noticeable.

I've been super hungry lately. I know it's too early to start gaining weight, but I am giving in. I wonder if part of it is I've been eating more healthy foods (more fruits and vegetables) and my body is used to getting more calories with less food.

Hi Geme26 and LoveSeel

I will be due either Apr 29th or May 1st.

Have you been getting much in the way of symptoms?
Mine so far -
-twinges/niggles and pulling/stretching sensations
-sore boobs
-tired (napping all the time)
-few mood swings
-eating less (but hungry more often)
-lower back ache
-increased sense of smell
-can't regulate my temperature very well. One minute sweaty then got goosebumps.

I have finally got my :bfp: after almost 3 years trying and our first IVF ICSI cyle. My symptoms above are really easy to cope with and I want reassurance of some nausea or vomiting. Feel unsure having it so easy. Keep wondering if everything is ok. Do I make sense?

I, too, will be due around the end of April... the 27th if the online calculators are correct. I am having ALL of the same symptoms listed here, and I would love to be bump buddies with you ladies!

Is it your test in your profile pic? How many dpo was it taken? Mine doesn't seem that dark! Should I worry about it? This is my first pregnancy and very first :bfp: I've ever had :D It has got darker since 11dpo but do these lines look good to you ladies? :shrug:

Attachments

• IMG00339-20120824-1658.jpg
    IMG00339-20120824-1658.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1
Mine was darker on my first test, and then I had less pee I think because the second was a bit lighter.... but I read a pink line is a pink line! And multiple pink lines can't be a fluke! Evap lines only show up as gray colored, so they look good to me!

I been told a pink line is a pink line too but seeing other ladies having stronger pink lines makes me worry that my HCG isn't rising quick enough. Going to make appointment with doc now to get it confirmed with GP :D

Are you finding the days going by really slowly? So many weeks left for us to go and I have already ordered a fetal heart monitor which of course I can't use for another 3 to 4 weeks, maybe longer. Its so frustrating. I want to be into 2nd trimester already!

Hello ladies :)

So glad for all of the replies, I think it will be a comfort having other people to talk to in the same stages of pregnancy!

Firstly my profile pic (although blurry because taken at 4:30am on my phone when I took the test!) is the day af was due so about 14dpo. Previous cycles I couldn't wait to take a test, but I was so heartbroken everytime it came up with a bfn that I made myself wait this time. It was such an amazing feeling finally getting the bfp and a nice strong one!

A day or so before I tested, and for a few days after, I suffered from lower back ache but managed to make it go away most of the time by sitting or lying down (when possible). This seems to have gone now.
I feel sick at times. Not been sick but just feel yucky...generally in the morning about an hour after I have woken up and then a couple spells throughout the day. I find this usually goes away when I eat. I am also a lot hungrier than before!

My breasts are tender, but don't hurt unless they are touched. I do feel some mild shooting pains at times but nothing bad. They are fuller too.

I get tired, but I work a lot of hours and am often tired so not sure if its just normal.

The past day or so I have been getting pains in my stomach, shooting pains to the back of my belly button but also to the side. These aren't painful just noticeable and get me worrying! I find it usually happens when I am walking or sleeping on my side. I put these down to the fact that i'm stretching to accommodate baby and my muscles are effecting it!? Do any of you get this?

And so far that is about it! Am 5 weeks on Monday :)

Has anyone told their family or friends yet? We are keeping it to ourselves for as long as possible...but I am dying to tell my sister, she is going to be so happy!

xx

I wouldn't worry about how dark the lines are this early on. I believe fertilized eggs implant between 6 and 12 dpo. Which may mean someone who's egg implanted early might get a positive pregnancy test earlier, but it doesn't mean the egg that implants a few days later is any less viable. Also, as much as you hear about ladies getting their BFP early, I read it's much more common not to have a positive until after a missed period. Your positive was early, and the line is getting darker, so I think things are going very well for you. Congratulations!

My first positive test(s) were on Sunday. My photo is from Monday's test. I haven't taken a test since.

Is it your test in your profile pic? How many dpo was it taken? Mine doesn't seem that dark! Should I worry about it? This is my first pregnancy and very first :bfp: I've ever had :D It has got darker since 11dpo but do these lines look good to you ladies? :shrug:

Tryandwish I think your tests look totally normal to me :)
Everyone will have different shades at different times, I guess it depends when you actually conceived and the baby implanted.
But the fact that the lines are getting darker every couple of days should give you nothing to worry about :) (...I know it's hard not to worry, I'm terrible for it) xx

My husband and I told our parents and siblings a few days ago. We figured that if something were to happen (and we pray everything goes well) we would want those people to be there for us.

We are waiting to tell friends until after we've had an appointment or two. I would like to wait until we see or hear a heartbeat, but I don't believe my doctor does any early ultrasounds. However I am going to a wine event with a friend tonight, and I don't know how to keep the pregnancy a secret since I will of course not be drinking any of the wine my $50 ticket paid for, and she knows all about TTC and is curious how my second round of Clomid went.

I found out I'm pregnant last Sunday, and I am due on May 1. I would love a bump buddy.

Congratulations! I just wanted to say what a fantastic photo of your bfp! I took mine really early in the morning before work with my rubbish phone camera! But hey at least I still took a photo!
:thumbup:

I been told a pink line is a pink line too but seeing other ladies having stronger pink lines makes me worry that my HCG isn't rising quick enough. Going to make appointment with doc now to get it confirmed with GP :D

Are you finding the days going by really slowly? So many weeks left for us to go and I have already ordered a fetal heart monitor which of course I can't use for another 3 to 4 weeks, maybe longer. Its so frustrating. I want to be into 2nd trimester already!

And I agree with this...I can't wait to get the ball rolling.
Have you seen the dr? My dr didn't do anything and I expected him to! He just said congratulations, asked me when i had my last period and told me the midwife will contact me at 10 weeks. So i'm waiting for another 5 weeks then...!

Cant wait to have the first scan :)

My husband and I told our parents and siblings a few days ago. We figured that if something were to happen (and we pray everything goes well) we would want those people to be there for us.

We are waiting to tell friends until after we've had an appointment or two. I would like to wait until we see or hear a heartbeat, but I don't believe my doctor does any early ultrasounds. However I am going to a wine event with a friend tonight, and I don't know how to keep the pregnancy a secret since I will of course not be drinking any of the wine my $50 ticket paid for, and she knows all about TTC and is curious how my second round of Clomid went.

This is what I was thinking...I wanted to tell my dad and sister. But then dh would like to tell his family and not sure if his gran could keep to herself! And I dont want people knowing until 12 weeks. We will see...hope to keep it to ourselves for a couple more weeks and we will see.

Um...can you say you aren't feeling well? Or are on antibiotics so cant drink? I guess it would still be suspicious. Have a glass but throw it away when no1 is looking?! haha dont know. I'm sure my family already think it is weird that i'm not drinking :)

Thanks for the advice Geme, but I think I might be one of the worst liars in the entire world. I am just not convincing.

I've known this friend through two of her miscarriages, and the birth of her second child. She told me she was pregnant within a few days of finding out each time, so I am hoping if she makes the no wine = pregnancy connection, she will keep it a secret until I am ready to tell others.

Thanks for the advice Geme, but I think I might be one of the worst liars in the entire world. I am just not convincing.

I've known this friend through two of her miscarriages, and the birth of her second child. She told me she was pregnant within a few days of finding out each time, so I am hoping if she makes the no wine = pregnancy connection, she will keep it a secret until I am ready to tell others.

Oh yes i'm sure she will :) we haven't even told anyone we were ttc...so it will be nice to tell people our news. But my sister keeps saying we should hurry up and have a baby, so she may have some sort of sisterly feeling!
Hope it goes ok tonight, i'm sure it will :) :thumbup:

if anyone has bbm and would like a chat or there are pregnancy bbm groups feel free to add me :) 13+2..... 260B793C

How are you all this week?

I'm still not sure whether or not to tell my family...in one way i'd like my dad to know. But he is so critical of everything I do, that I worry he will put a big downer on this wonderfully happy time in my life.
Have you all told family?

Congratulations Ladies! I would love to be bump buddies with you! From my calculations, due with sweet baby number 3 on April 24th 2013. My first precious little ladies are soon to be 15 month old twins :) :) and I'm starting to freak out a bit. Although this LO was planned, reality is starting to hit that for a month and a few days at least I will have 3 babes under 2! I look forward to talking to you all and sharing our exciting news! If anyone finds out they are having twinners, let me know! I have lots of things to share! ;)

Talk soon!
L

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"